Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Dealer Recommendations

We are looking at either the 2011 Tour 42QD or Ellipse 42QD to buy and go fulltime. We are able to buy anywhere but I'm looking for dealer recommendations. I tried to search but couldn't find a thread on this. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Yes I'm a current Tiffin owner but the DW has fallen in love with this floor plan as I have.
The Bay I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I would recommend Tom Schaeffer's RV in Shoemakersville, PA. However, I deal with their service and parts department way more that sales. I bought my last RV from them after seeing how friendly and responsive their service department was.
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

You can't go wrong with Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City Iowa.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sage View Post
You can't go wrong with Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City Iowa.
Another vote for Lichtsinn Motors. We're looking into replacing our 01 Adventurer and plan to talk with them later this month. We looked at their units and spoke with some sales people at GNR last year. Now that the time has come they are our first choice.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the replies, I had Lichtsinn on my list and hope to get a few others so that I can send them what I want and then compare prices. I haven't heard of Tom Shaeffer's but will add them to my list. I like that they are very good at service.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Not so much a recommendation, as a thought...

General RV has locations in 5 states (Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Florida, Utah) now, might be helpful if you plan to be all over.

You can get good pricing on new units, here in Michigan at least, but you can pay too much too. Gotta know what you want to pay.

Their service hasn't been stellar, but is probably above average. Luckily I haven't had to use it much!

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We bought from General and they try very hard to make sure buyers are happy. This is also a dealer you can make an offer to and let them crunch their numbers. I walked away from one of their salesmen but Floyd in the Grand Rapids store was great to work with.

Website shows they have a 2011 Itasca Ellipse 42qd in Michigan inventory.

okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

I would recommend Barrington Motors RV in Bartlett, Illinois. This is a smaller dealership and is privately owned by Sean and Brian Bransky. I have dealt purchased motorhomes from them and they do all of my service. I find then reputible and good to do business with. If you contact them ask for Sean. He handles all major sales personally.
JohnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

I agree with RVTHERE, Tom Schaeffer in Shoemakersville, PA. Coach in right now having work done and they are terrific! Give you options and opinions. Never to busy to speak with you.
Todd49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Colerain RV in Cincinnati has a great sales department. if you call ask for steve jung, one of the owners. down to earth people. they were able to beat prices without any hesistation. i have purchased 4 units form them.
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Shafers RV in Delta sells Itasca and is located 25 miles from you.
dbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

We've purchased 2 from Lichtsinn and would recommend them.

Jon and Nancy
Old 05-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

You need the best dealer you can find that you plan to use as your main servicing dealer. A non servicing dealer is usually not the fastest at getting you in and out of service. Especially when you are full time it is important to have a dealer not tie your rig up for days on end and you have no place to live. Some repairs require you to empty out areas before the service dept. can work on it. Think where your going to store the stuff if the rig ends up waiting several days or longer at the dealer for repairs. A selling dealer may feel your pain and help you, but a non selling dealer may not. We are not full timers but have purchased in other states and we have seen having to leave the coach for days once they take it apart and are waiting on parts. To me the selling servicing dealer is more important than buying where the price is best.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #14
GG1
Winnie-Wise

Media Camping in Fairless Hills Pa. I bought 2 coaches from them ask for Wayne Degan he is the general mgr. Its a bare bones place (no frills, and no overhead) but the deals are good and they do things to keep you as a customer far after the warranty runs out, tell him Warren from Jersey sent you
Old 05-13-2011, 03:38 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Dealer Recommendations

I only have 7 months experience with Buddy Gregg of Knoxville and it has been very satisfactory for me. Sales experience was smooth, immediate after-sale was excellent, and as I approach my second visit to their 15 bay service department, I am finding their service department very easy to work with and knowledgeable.

They have two 2011 Ellipse 42QD in stock.
iRV-in-a-SunStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:24 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

You've gotten good replys. If I was going to full time I would consider where I might be spending most of my time and try and find a good dealer nearby. If a particular location was not an issue, I would vote for Lichtsinn in Forest City, IA. A new coach would only travel one mile from factory to dealer. Lichtsinn has a good reputation for service. Many folks find that more complicated repairs are better handled by the factory service center so you may end up there anyway.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:13 AM   #17
Winnie-Wise

I too would recommend Media as we bought our MH there, but it is a little far from NE Ohio, but I will say that soon after buying from Media we moved to MN and I never had a problem with getting warrenty work at any other dealer. 2 MN, 1 FL, 1 SC and one dealer in SD
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #18
Winnie-Wise

I'll cast my vote for Roy Robinson's in Marysville, WA. I am a repeat customer. What keeps me coming back is not only the sales people (Darrin, John and Dave) but also the service dept. (Amy and Ken). They work closely with Winnebago. Sponsor two W.I.T. chapters and are consistently year after year one of the country's top ten rv dealers. They do a good volume so their prices are competitive with anyone's.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all the replys and good thoughts on dealer location even though full timing. I will check these all outs. again thanks.