Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

My question is still why did you have to add coolant? Do you have a leak in your system somewhere? Possibly a cracked reservoir or a bad radiator cap? You shouldn't be losing coolant and if you are, that will cause overheating.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:14 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvscharfe
My question is still why did you have to add coolant? Do you have a leak in your system somewhere? Possibly a cracked reservoir or a bad radiator cap? You shouldn't be losing coolant and if you are, that will cause overheating.
I will double check coolant levels. I do not know why it was low when I got the coach new. Like I had mentioned, I asked the service folks WELL PRIOR TO DELIVERY to check All fluid levels and I do not know if they did this in actuality or not. I am taking the coach to a cummins/freightliner dealer in a couple of weeks. This new coach has had to live in service shops so far.....lots of issues, mostly minor but all things I wish the Winnebago dealer did a much better job of handling PRIOR to delivery.

Your points have been well taken and informative. Thanks for your responses, I have learned something from them.

Sincerely

Andy
Largeandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:34 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Large
I have an Ellipse with the 400 and the tag.
You should have an accurate engine temp available on your engine computer...I keep mine up all the time.
I went up Eisenhower pulling the jeep on cruise control w/o going over 214. The weather was cool at the time.
If you overheated according to the gauge then something is very wrong with your engine,that is not typical.
Five2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #24
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largeandy View Post
I will double check coolant levels. I do not know why it was low when I got the coach new. Like I had mentioned, I asked the service folks WELL PRIOR TO DELIVERY to check All fluid levels and I do not know if they did this in actuality or not. I am taking the coach to a cummins/freightliner dealer in a couple of weeks. This new coach has had to live in service shops so far.....lots of issues, mostly minor but all things I wish the Winnebago dealer did a much better job of handling PRIOR to delivery.

Your points have been well taken and informative. Thanks for your responses, I have learned something from them.

Sincerely

Andy
If are still using the dealer where the coach was purchased from, I would be having a "come to Jesus" meeting with the service manager indicating your concerns about what was/should have been done. If they seem receptive and willing to try harder then maybe give them another chance. I would let them know that any future work by them will be monitored and appropriate action taken should they not do their "job. To many posts show up on these forums concerning rv quality and dealers not doing what there paid to do by customers and will continue until people start holding them accountable. Your money, your choice, but I personnally wouldn't tolerate it.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:35 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2

If are still using the dealer where the coach was purchased from, I would be having a "come to Jesus" meeting with the service manager indicating your concerns about what was/should have been done. If they seem receptive and willing to try harder then maybe give them another chance. I would let them know that any future work by them will be monitored and appropriate action taken should they not do their "job. To many posts show up on these forums concerning rv quality and dealers not doing what there paid to do by customers and will continue until people start holding them accountable. Your money, your choice, but I personnally wouldn't tolerate it.
Your point is well taken and yes, I have voiced a similar opinion. I agree that too much money is often times spent for less than what one should receive service wise. I will also lodge a similar written dissatisfaction with Winnebago for not being better at making sure their coaches don't leave the factory without these matters being attended to either. After having also owned a Tiffin product, I can tell you for certain that they are far superior when it comes to seeing to it that their products are serviced correctly!
Largeandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:24 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

I just went up I70 through the tunnel and across Bertha (SP)pass and never got above 209 degrees on the floor for miles. Speed was 45 or so.

Tags
cummins, diesel, water