Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2021, 11:06 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Cover for the new Micro Minnie

We plan on buying a new "overall" cover for our new 2306bhs. Rather than just go by what my dealer says or automatically buy something from Winnebago (if they sell), thought we'd ask here what is the most durable and best buy regarding this cover? Would prefer a darker green or grey color to make it less visible in our back yard area. Thanks for your input! Mark
Jetrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:25 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetrocker View Post
We plan on buying a new "overall" cover for our new 2306bhs. Rather than just go by what my dealer says or automatically buy something from Winnebago (if they sell), thought we'd ask here what is the most durable and best buy regarding this cover? Would prefer a darker green or grey color to make it less visible in our back yard area. Thanks for your input! Mark
There are 'cons' to having your T.T. totally covered. No matter what they tell you, or what is on the box..no full cover T.T. cover lets 100 moisture build up escape the fabric. Black Mold and mildew is the possible result. That's one thing. The other thing is that you should not have anything touching your roof, roof corners, or side walls (appliance fixtures) that will move in the wind, and abrade with friction. It's like having sand paper constantly (with cover movement) scratching any surface it is resting upon. No matter how 'smooth' the inner surface is, it will still abrade over time. Just so you are aware.
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:31 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Mark, I purchased an ARCO cover for my Micro Minnie 2106FBS, which I had on a seasonal site in NH, and only had it covered in the winter months. I have since sold my Micro Minnie and upgraded to a Minnie 2529RG and have to think about a cover for that this winter. Good luck
murph362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 01:39 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Seeker View Post
There are 'cons' to having your T.T. totally covered. No matter what they tell you, or what is on the box..no full cover T.T. cover lets 100 moisture build up escape the fabric. Black Mold and mildew is the possible result. That's one thing. The other thing is that you should not have anything touching your roof, roof corners, or side walls (appliance fixtures) that will move in the wind, and abrade with friction. It's like having sand paper constantly (with cover movement) scratching any surface it is resting upon. No matter how 'smooth' the inner surface is, it will still abrade over time. Just so you are aware.
Hummm, now you have me thinking. Not sure what to do, relative to possible sun damage, tree debris, bird crap, etc!
Old 05-30-2021, 11:00 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Hummm, now you have me thinking. Not sure what to do, relative to possible sun damage, tree debris, bird crap, etc!
Bird crap can be washed off as well as tree leaves, etc...and will not damage treated surfaces...waxed..as well as you can use many roof treatment products to protect the roof from damaging UV sun rays. I do suggest you buy an A.C. cover for your AC dome. Keeps leaves and insects out of the condenser coil. Also to remember to always remove the cover prior to towing the trailer.

If you have not already purchased 'half dome' roof vent covers for your roof vents, if you have them, you can leave your vents (I have a power vent in the bathroom, and one non-powered in the cabin), which I leave open all the time for a great cross flow of fresh air, that prevents moisture and high heat build-up in your T.T.'s cabin, when not being used. I suggest you keep your bathroom door wide open, so air can freely enter and exit the cabin from both vents. They are safe to have open even in teeming rain, as no rain will get into the open vent top.

Happy Camping!
Old 06-01-2021, 10:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thank you very much for all the info SunSeeker! I will give this some thought and will get the vent covers for sure! -Mark
Old 06-01-2021, 12:13 PM   #7
Site Team

Hi Jetrocker,
Here is how I cover my Minnie Winnie 22M, and it is working well for me.
Eagle5
Old 06-22-2021, 01:19 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Seeker View Post
....If you have not already purchased 'half dome' roof vent covers for your roof vents, if you have them, you can leave your vents ...
Happy Camping!
Can you supply a link to this specific type of "half dome" cover for vents?

Thx, Mark
Old 06-28-2021, 04:50 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Can you supply a link to this specific type of "half dome" cover for vents?

Thx, Mark
Here you go:

https://www.amazon.ca/Maxxair-0503-1...00UUMM6K&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/Maxxair-503-15...02OWCLNQ&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/Maxxair-00-225...02OW5JKS&psc=1