Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2015, 02:07 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Country Coach sold to Winnebago Industries

Hopefully, this isn't redundant information. In an emailed newsletter from Country Coach, it says, in part...

"As you know, we have continued to work on the next generation of Country Coach product in the design and prototype stage and to transfer that work to reality of a product, actual production requires much more. To do that I needed to find the right resources to augment and grow what we have started. To that end, I have been working diligently for the past two years. Of the options I had to choose from I have made what I consider the very best choice for Country Coach for both service and production. I am pleased to announce that, effective today, I have sold the Country Coach Campus and intellectual property to Winnebago Industries. I have worked with Winnebago to ensure that Country Coach moves forward and work will begin in earnest to assemble the infrastructure that will lead to Country Coach production. Winnebago will also bring production of some of its current diesel motorhome offerings to Junction City. Please note that future Country Coach products will not be rebranded Winnebagos, but products specifically designed and built to the exacting performance, amenity and standard levels that have always defined Country Coach. Obviously this process will take time but everyone involved is committed to making Country Coach the premier motorcoach offering available.

I made this decision because I believe that Winnebago is the best fit for Country Coach and that their, culture, dedication to design and build quality closely mirrors the standards I have set. This transition includes a change for me also as I will step down from the day to day operations. But rest assured, I intend to be the leading Country Coach brand enthusiast so you can expect to see and hear from Cookie and I from time to time as we travel around the country in our 2016 Country Coach Allure.

As I write this, I am recalling designing the first Country Camper Class A, I used a lower front from a Winnebago Class A to mock it up, we have come full circle.

Until the next time we meet!!

Ron Lee"
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:23 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTegarini View Post
Hopefully, this isn't redundant information. In an emailed newsletter from Country Coach, it says, in part...

"As you know, we have continued to work on the next generation of Country Coach product in the design and prototype stage and to transfer that work to reality of a product, actual production requires much more. To do that I needed to find the right resources to augment and grow what we have started. To that end, I have been working diligently for the past two years. Of the options I had to choose from I have made what I consider the very best choice for Country Coach for both service and production. I am pleased to announce that, effective today, I have sold the Country Coach Campus and intellectual property to Winnebago Industries. I have worked with Winnebago to ensure that Country Coach moves forward and work will begin in earnest to assemble the infrastructure that will lead to Country Coach production. Winnebago will also bring production of some of its current diesel motorhome offerings to Junction City. Please note that future Country Coach products will not be rebranded Winnebagos, but products specifically designed and built to the exacting performance, amenity and standard levels that have always defined Country Coach. Obviously this process will take time but everyone involved is committed to making Country Coach the premier motorcoach offering available.

I made this decision because I believe that Winnebago is the best fit for Country Coach and that their, culture, dedication to design and build quality closely mirrors the standards I have set. This transition includes a change for me also as I will step down from the day to day operations. But rest assured, I intend to be the leading Country Coach brand enthusiast so you can expect to see and hear from Cookie and I from time to time as we travel around the country in our 2016 Country Coach Allure.

As I write this, I am recalling designing the first Country Camper Class A, I used a lower front from a Winnebago Class A to mock it up, we have come full circle.

Until the next time we meet!!

Ron Lee"
Very interesting! Winnebago to open plant in Junction City, revive Country Coach brand | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KVAL

http://globegazette.com/news/local/w...e453d0075.html

Updated: Winnebago announces new plant opening in Junction City | Local | Eugene, Oregon
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Excellent.

Hope the build quality is maintained.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:39 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
Excellent.

Hope the build quality is maintained.
Sounds to me like Winnebago will be building Winnebago diesel products there as well as the Country Coaches. Suppose the Tour/Ellipse line will be built there also?
Old 12-01-2015, 05:05 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I heard they were going to change the CC name to Itaska (OK, just kidding because of another post I read that Winnebago was no longer making Itasks'a)
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:45 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
I heard they were going to change the CC name to Itaska (OK, just kidding because of another post I read that Winnebago was no longer making Itasks'a)
At first I was going to poo-poo the idea that Winnebago would no longer make the Itasca line. However, in going to the Itasca website, I see that it is re-directed to Winnebago website and there is no separate Itasca website anymore. Also in looking at the Winnebago products on their site, there is no mention of Itasca. They are all just Winnebagos.

Also on the Winnebago website if you go to Resources and pull down Product Information, the models are all listed with no designation as to Itasca or Winnebago. For example, the 2016 Sunova is designated as a Winnebago whereas in prior years it was an Itasca Sunova.

Maybe we have seen the last of the Itasca name.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

How about the Itasca name being used on RV's made at the Junction City Assembly Plant?
Old 12-01-2015, 06:30 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

This is kinda funny, I think some months back someone posted that the property was for sale, folks called CC and was told the plant was not for sale and was close to showing their brand new model.................that they had been working on for years. I just hope they keep the brands they own separated......(Winnebago) and bring CC back to life as it once was. They were for sure a first class Coach, I love the styling of them, and their paint work was for sure unique! Time will tell now.........

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f112/cc-b...le-250982.html
Old 12-01-2015, 06:46 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

When we stopped by the factory to buy some jackets I asked about the land being up for sale and was told it was to establish a value of the land to secure financing and nothing more. Now we know the true story.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:01 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Interesting. I wonder what the implications are as to getting DP factory service in Forest City after the move.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:08 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Maybe a west and a east GNR? Being from the NW I like the thought of a west Winnebago. The Eugene area is an excellent choice.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:24 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Interesting but not surprising. Today it takes a boat-load of capitol to even start-up a business that size. I hope W keeps the CC brand intact.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:55 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
At first I was going to poo-poo the idea that Winnebago would no longer make the Itasca line. However, in going to the Itasca website, I see that it is re-directed to Winnebago website and there is no separate Itasca website anymore. Also in looking at the Winnebago products on their site, there is no mention of Itasca. They are all just Winnebagos.

Also on the Winnebago website if you go to Resources and pull down Product Information, the models are all listed with no designation as to Itasca or Winnebago. For example, the 2016 Sunova is designated as a Winnebago whereas in prior years it was an Itasca Sunova.

Maybe we have seen the last of the Itasca name.

On the same site or maybe RV Daily Report, the new designations of former Itasca models will be preceeded by "Winnebago". Examples: The Itasca Sunstar will be called the Winnebago Sunstar. The Sunova is the Winnebago Sunova, etc. I'm guessing they are making the move to speed production by eliminating a parallel line- which has always caused a little confusion.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:20 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Please see:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f57/selec...st-272013.html
And
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f57/big-c...ch-272000.html

All Country Coach brands and similar properties are now the possession of Winnie.
What that means, only time will tell.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
[SIGPIC]https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif[/SIGPIC]
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:29 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

One report says they also bought adjacent property. Does that mean Premier RV Services was bought out? Waiting for an answer from Damon now.

Guess not as Premier owns their property and the story says the adjacent property is part of the Lee Joint Trust.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:06 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Well, this seems like a waste of a good company!
Bye, bye, Country Coach quality!

FunGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:30 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunGus View Post
Well, this seems like a waste of a good company!
Bye, bye, Country Coach quality!

Or even worse. Bye. Bye. CC

Russell.
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Or even worse. Bye. Bye. CC

Russell.
They have all but been bye-bye since 09............little service, tech service, parts........but it seems Ron could not quite get to the place he dreamed of to keep his nose above the water.......
I hope that they bring them back .....just as they once were........but now, after 08, the year they threw the towel in.........now there are new Cowboy's to deal with in the market
Might be just in time for my retirement upgrade..........
Old 12-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

It will be interesting to see how Winnebago approaches this opportunity. If they "Winnebago-ize" the Country Coach it will cease to be the great coach that it was and will be just another Winnie, very sad. I hope they follow along the precedent set by Jayco when they bought the assets of bankrupt Travel Supreme, improved it, and have made a great success out of it. There is very little Jayco in an Entegra which is as it should be. A Lexus does not say Toyota on the back, an Entegra does not say Jayco, and a Country Coach should not say Winnebago. I truly hope hope they do this right so we can see the true resurrection of one of the best coach brands ever made.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:35 PM   #20
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
It will be interesting to see how Winnebago approaches this opportunity. If they "Winnebago-ize" the Country Coach it will cease to be the great coach that it was and will be just another Winnie, very sad. I hope they follow along the precedent set by Jayco when they bought the assets of bankrupt Travel Supreme, improved it, and have made a great success out of it. There is very little Jayco in an Entegra which is as it should be. A Lexus does not say Toyota on the back, an Entegra does not say Jayco, and a Country Coach should not say Winnebago. I truly hope hope they do this right so we can see the true resurrection of one of the best coach brands ever made.
Give me a break - some people just think they are better than us peons
rream is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago