Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2022, 03:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Coolant Level Sensor on 2008 Journey 39Z

I have a 2008 Journey 39Z that is displaying a coolant level sensor error. I have tried to track down the sensor without success. I am hoping to avoid a $$$ shop bill by replacing myself. Appreciate directions to the right location, thanks! A Freightliner part # would be an added plus!
Liv4weekends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 07:51 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Try the 24-hour Freightliner Help Line - 1-800-FTL-HELP - pretty helpful folks! Otherwise - best I know is that the sensor is on the forward side of the tank.
Old 12-05-2022, 06:45 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv4weekends View Post
I have a 2008 Journey 39Z that is displaying a coolant level sensor error. I have tried to track down the sensor without success. I am hoping to avoid a $$$ shop bill by replacing myself. Appreciate directions to the right location, thanks! A Freightliner part # would be an added plus!
I think it is located on the overflow tank.
Old 12-05-2022, 04:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2012 Journey, freightliner Maxim chassis, ISB cumming engine. There is a coolant level sensor in the overflow tank/coolant fill tank at the back. Mine would have fluid above the "minimum" line on the tank but climbing a steep hill the engine would shut down. top off to max, and it was fine. It happened twice in about 2 years. The 2nd shut down I replaced the radiator cap due to crack in rubber gasket.

Long story--- check the coolant overflow tank for your coolant level sensor/switch.
Old 01-15-2023, 10:44 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv4weekends View Post
Do we have any idea what engine/size/hp/chassis etc.? A bit more info might help.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 08:20 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Do we have any idea what engine/size/hp/chassis etc.? A bit more info might help.
Scott
Scott, look for 2 things. Low coolant level in the overflow tank and the sensor on the back of the overflow tank.

I had a problem with one of my coaches. The coolant alarm would come on when I went up a steep grade. The coolant level was at good low. Freightliner hotline told me to add some coolant to the tank. I did and the alarm went away.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Tags
journey