Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Coat Rack

We have installed a coat rack in the hallway of our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N. If interested photos of this project & other projects at:
Picasa Web Albums - Terry & Bev + Cookie - Coat Rack .
pace89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Looks good! But that is where we hang the broom and mop. I will have to take a look and see if I can accomodate both. Where did you get the rack?

We are leaving CO next week and heading to TX to have MCD shades put it the cockpit. The motorized ones with the remote. Then on to AZ. We will have a Winegard Traveler automatic dish installed there. Don't know what I will do with old manual dish.
Just bought six tires and had Dually Valves installed at the same time.
Spending a bunch of money on the coach this year but we need some upgrades.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

That looks great. But, I am afraid I would forget to flatten them before using the slide.
Chandler Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

What did you use to hang it? The luan is really thin and no way to get a moly in the wall either. Not enough room between the 2 walls.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay L View Post
Looks good! But that is where we hang the broom and mop. I will have to take a look and see if I can accomodate both. Where did you get the rack?

We are leaving CO next week and heading to TX to have MCD shades put it the cockpit. The motorized ones with the remote. Then on to AZ. We will have a Winegard Traveler automatic dish installed there. Don't know what I will do with old manual dish.
Just bought six tires and had Dually Valves installed at the same time.
Spending a bunch of money on the coach this year but we need some upgrades.
Coat Rack from flea market, other parts home depot & a craft store.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler Bing View Post
That looks great. But, I am afraid I would forget to flatten them before using the slide.
I don't think forgetting to flatten would be an issue, they move easily, forgetting to remove articles placed on the hooks could be a problem.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
What did you use to hang it? The luan is really thin and no way to get a moly in the wall either. Not enough room between the 2 walls.
There is about 3/4 inch between the walls in this area. I placed the mounting screw under the outboard coat hooks, used regular wall anchors keeping in mind the thickness of the wall/coat rack/space between walls & used the appropriate length screws; then I put the coat hooks over the mounting screws. There will not be a lot of weight on the rack, so I don't think it will be a problem.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:51 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2008 Winne 35L Voyage and I think it’s the same location I was able to install the same type non-folding hooks right to the wall surface and still have plenty of clearance when the slide is in. I first run the screws in part way then backed them out and applied a little Gorilla Glue to the screw to run the screw all the way in. We hang heavy winter coats on them and no problem with the screws.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Very nicely done!
I am trying to figure out how to do this and be able to take enough weight for large winter coats and levis and such. I will be using the back wall of our Suncruiser where the large mirror sits. It sounds pretty solid back there but I have no idea what is behind that wall. I would like to hand a long coat rack across the top of the wall above the mirror.
Any thoughts?
kcaravelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaravelli View Post
Very nicely done!
I am trying to figure out how to do this and be able to take enough weight for large winter coats and levis and such. I will be using the back wall of our Suncruiser where the large mirror sits. It sounds pretty solid back there but I have no idea what is behind that wall. I would like to hand a long coat rack across the top of the wall above the mirror.
Any thoughts?
Hi kcaravelli. Thank you for the comments. We are on our first trip (Mass to Florida) since installing the coat rack it held up fine. My installation is simply wall anchors throught the luan wall. However while in transit there is nothing hanging on the rack. I would also mention that I have also installed a fairly heavy mirror on the back wall again with wall anchors it has been in place for over 25,000 miles. I'm guessing wall anchors will hold your coat rack, but I don't think I would put a lot of weight on it while in transit. Be extra careful not to penetrate the rear wall.
Good luck with your project "pace89".