Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-27-2016, 03:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Coachnet Winnebago Premium Plan

I have the Coachnet Premier Plan and got my email notice it is time to renew. I went online and noticed there is a Winnebago Premium plan offered for $30 more. When you log out and look at the plans offered the Winnebago plan is not offered so I can't compare the plans. I am very happy with Coachnet and have no problem upgrading my plan if I knew what it offers. Can anyone tell me the difference?
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:53 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

is this the plan, it looks almost the same as the Coachnet plan

https://coach-net.com/winnebagodirect/

bob
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
is this the plan, it looks almost the same as the Coachnet plan

https://coach-net.com/winnebagodirect/

bob
Thanks Bob I found the same webpage. You have to wonder why they don't put all the details on the page and then ask you to call for more information. Is it because the plans benefits are so much better than they offer to the general public or is it because they want to get you on the phone and up sell you.

My Premier plan is $149 to renew but the Winnebago Premium plan is $179 if I selected that. If the benefits were worth the $30 I have no problem upgrading but I am not upgrading for the same thing to give someone a referral or kickback fee.

Perhaps someone who has the plan can send me a copy of the .pdf benefit booklet. That is probably the only way to really tell outside of contacting Coachnet and asking them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-27-2016, 07:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I can say with 100% certainty that the road hazard benefit is legit. This past weekend we had a blow out on a rear tire. Called Coach Net and they had a service truck dispatched ( as soon as his other call was done) and we had a new tire mounted and on our way.. Exact same tire Michelin XRV and all..
Oh, and the cost $0 !!!!! I have never used this service and was hoping I never would, but I am very happy, and without the road hazard coverage, would have been charged $985 for the entire event.
RickyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:58 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
I can say with 100% certainty that the road hazard benefit is legit. This past weekend we had a blow out on a rear tire. Called Coach Net and they had a service truck dispatched ( as soon as his other call was done) and we had a new tire mounted and on our way.. Exact same tire Michelin XRV and all..
Oh, and the cost $0 !!!!! I have never used this service and was hoping I never would, but I am very happy, and without the road hazard coverage, would have been charged $985 for the entire event.
The way I understand it you have the additional "Hazards Protect" Plan plus one of the "Roadside Protect" plans. How much extra does the Hazards Protect cost. At first I thought that the Winnebago plan included the tire coverage (as opposed to tire assistance) but further checking it is a separate option. That leaves me still wondering what the extra $30 is for Winnebago Premium plan over the Premier Roadside Protect.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-28-2016, 01:51 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Figured it out - while checking the Coachnet website I clicked on the Contact Us link and sent a short email asking the difference. I got a email back this morning with a .pdf of the features of the plan. The main difference is 24 Hr Physician access by Teledoc and a Global Assistance Program which includes emergency medical evacuation and rv transportation very similar to what comes with the FMCA membership. Also some of the benefits are not described as Unlimited as in the Premier plan. As I am a FMCA Member and have the Global Assistance and viewing the Teledoc website find they are very limited in what it can treat it I think I stay with the Premier Plan however I will be looking into the tire coverage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-29-2016, 06:03 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I went on the Winnebago RV site and filled out the form to get a quote for our 2004 Sightseer. They emailed me a quote in .pdf format. The quote was from Progressive Insurance and it was less than $700 per year, but there is no mention of CoachNet or any other roadside assistance within the quote.

I also contacted National, the company CoachNet recommends. That quote was a little over $800 per year and included Coachnet roadside assistance.

We have had the house, cars, boat, and RV covered by All-State for years and have never, ever, filed a claim on anything. Maria retires for the second and final time on July 1st, so we are shopping for a lower price with same coverage plus CoachNet and would prefer to deal with a single company to cover everything, but we're finding that to be rather difficult to find and still get the lowest price possible.

Any suggestions or recommendations on this would be appreciated! I'm kinda lost in it, a little confused maybe, and not sure which way to go.
MattTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:47 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Matt - I have Blue Sky for my RV Insurance, Coachnet for my Roadside Service, and a Easy Care for my Extended warranty. I currently don't have tire coverage. I don't know of any one company that provide them all, however, many have the roadside assistance as an add on.

Your best bet is probably locating a full service independent insurance agent that writes for many different companies. You would get what you want at the best prices and at least you'd have one contact point. I deal with the Tobin Agency https://tobinagency.com/ which writes all types of RV insurance. Sometimes you see others in the back of RV magazines. I think you will get the best deal from an independent agent who knows what you want and has access to many different companies. With all the fine print in insurance policies sometimes it helps to have an agent you can trust as many times the cheaper isn't the same coverage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-30-2016, 05:43 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

We upgraded to the Premium $179 plan just to get the Teladoc feature. We are full timers and have had several instances where we had to go into an urgent care clinic for things that Teladoc could have taken care of over the phone or Skype for free. For $30, it is a great deal.
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #10
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Coachnet for new Winnebago Owner

Hi, I see most posts here are relating to renewal of Roadside Assistance plans. I am new owner of new 2018 Intent and received email from Winnebago saying I have a one year Premium Assistance plan included in my purchase HOWEVER, I have ZERO information on how I would use it and no contact information for Coachnet...how can I get info and do I have to register with Coachnet also?

Thanks for your help
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:44 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Hi, I see most posts here are relating to renewal of Roadside Assistance plans. I am new owner of new 2018 Intent and received email from Winnebago saying I have a one year Premium Assistance plan included in my purchase HOWEVER, I have ZERO information on how I would use it and no contact information for Coachnet...how can I get info and do I have to register with Coachnet also?

Thanks for your help
We received the same thing. I would also appreciate the information.
katielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:09 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

We just bought a new outlook and winnie got us the basic plan. Go to coach-net.com and you can enter the VIN # to begin registration process.
Heyheyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:40 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

The first year I owned my coach (2003) I was covered with 3 Coach-Net policies ... ridiculous!!! One provided by Winnebago, one by Spartan Chassis, and one by the dealership (wasn't he stupid to pay for a year's coverage that Winnebago already provided? ...or probably didn't cost him anything really). After the first year we continued the Winnebago coverage and have used it a few times over the years. The 24hr tech assistance is a super benefit.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:37 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

So, are you all still happy with Coach.Net?
I am looking for insurance.
Not sure what to get or where to get it.
Am also looking for roadside assistance.
I live in Florida.
Will be traveling to New England in May.
Thanks.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:01 AM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpirSage View Post
Am also looking for roadside assistance.
The Coachnet being discussed is Roadside Assistance.

For regular RV insurance try Progressive.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:37 AM   #16
2018 Intent 26M Owner

I have Progressive replacement cost and pay $86/mo in California on 2018 Intent. Winnebago pays first year roadside assistance plan with Coach Net for new owners and I also have AAA
Old 01-29-2019, 06:10 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

We are very happy with Winnebago Premium Roadside assistance through Coach-Net. That said, if I were looking now I would also thoroughly check out the roadside assistance plan the FMCA now has for members. Their medical evacuation plan included for all members is a good benefit, and the roadside assistance could be a great deal too. It is considerably less costly than Coach-Net.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:07 PM   #18
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Sorry, I should have posted an update to my previous about Winnebago providing 1 year membership to Coach Net...about two weeks ago I received a membership card with my number and on rear 24 hour numbers to call for roadside assistance. The expiration date was exactly 1 year from my pick up date of the RV. I did not have to do anything to register in advance.

Tags
winnebago