Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2021, 12:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Coach-Net's ESP

I checked with Coach-Net about their ESP plan, just to find out if it would cover new RVs as well as those past their warranty period. I have been trying to figure out how to get warranty issues in a new RV taken care of if unable to get the unit into the dealer for warranty work and this seemed like at least a possible approach - take the unit to a shop, let the factory take care of the parts and the ESP take care of the labor costs.

Much to my surprise Coach-Net asked me where I bought the RV. I told them we were only thinking about a purchase, but gave them the name of one of the dealers we had talked with, and they told me that Coach-Net and that dealership were "partners" and they could not sell me a Coach-Net ESP plan if I bought from that dealership. No, the dealership also could not sell me a Coach-Net plan since Coach-Net does not allow dealerships to sell their plan, but the dealership could sell me a 3rd party plan.

So, if there is a "partnership" arrangement between an RV dealer and Coach-Net, then you can not buy a Coach-Net ESP plan until at least one year has passed since the purchase. That was a surprise to me. Has anyone else seen anything like this?
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote