Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2020, 08:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Class C Stabilizers?

On our first trip in our 29' Minnie! So far, all good.

But, I can see that we might benefit from Stabilizers to limit the rocking. Adding them to the rear seems easy enough, but I'm wondering.... Is it also possible to add them to the front of a E/450?

Or, should the rear be sufficient?
DesertRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:19 PM   #2
JBP
Winnie-Wise

My E450 had had hydraulic levelers and the frame did not have any problem. Of coarse they were up front as well as the rear. So I would say you could do what you want. Ask Winne were they should be attached.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:32 AM   #3
JBP
Winnie-Wise

DesertRatt did you call Winnebago? Let us know what they say. Let us know how first trip turned out.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:18 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

our 2003 31' Minnie had this issue when we took it out our first time. There were no stabilizer jacks, I think that is something that is more recent for the Class C's. I got two scissor jacks mounted to the back frame and two pyramid style jacks for the front that I'll slide under the frame to snug up to help.

We are taking it out this weekend to see if that fixes the problem for us. Our local RV repair guy says it should help a lot. I will report back on Monday.
Mashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:10 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

OK, we tried it out this weekend with the stabilizer jacks. I think it made some difference but not a great amount. I am not sure how much to tighten them up so maybe I didn't tighten them enough. So the jury is still out for me on them.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hMN7turtr9k87aAp9

Any thoughts?
Mashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:54 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hwh levers problems

I want to share a contact that saved me with my HWH Lever problem. I called HWH and waited a week for them to call me back. A friend told me to call Stuart Levers - 800 826-6267. I did and talked to Check and had problem solved in 10 minutes, part in 2 days at 2/3 price on internet. Installed as directed in 1 hour. All good to go when checking system. HWH has a great levers, but just really busy to service so many units. Chuck and Lyn have a great family business and really knowledgeable and easy to talk to!
RiverGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c