Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2022, 12:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Charging Questions 2017 Vista 35LX

Just got 2017 vista 35lx , on my old Thor I could plug it on to shore power and leave USE button on and all batteries would charge. Anyone know how it works on The Winnebago Vista I own now? It has 2 battery buttons , chassis , house, no in use button, I'm assuming I leave both battery buttons on and shore power will charge them. Yes? At this point its setting in the RV port waiting to go at any point. I try to charge batteries about once a month for a few days when not in use.
Quickuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Your 2017 has a coach - chassis battery connection contactor with a smart battery isolation manager module that controls it. Leave both chassis and coach battery switches on and it will automatically manage when to connect the coach and chassis systems together.

You MUST leave the coach power switch on for the coach converter charger to provide charge to the batteries. The chassis power switch can be OFF, so long as the Coach switch is ON, and the coach converter charger and the smart contactor / BIM will cycle and keep the chassis battery charged.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:36 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Fantastic, Thanks
Quickuc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging