Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-22-2005, 05:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I am looking to get a central vacuum for my 2001
journey DL. Can someone tell me where a good location would be for the hose attachment, socket. not sure what the piece is called inside the motorhome. And also a good brand of a vacuum. Thank you Patti

Celebration Florida
Ron and Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 05:36 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I am looking to get a central vacuum for my 2001
journey DL. Can someone tell me where a good location would be for the hose attachment, socket. not sure what the piece is called inside the motorhome. And also a good brand of a vacuum. Thank you Patti

Celebration Florida
Old 11-22-2005, 06:21 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

In my Ultimate Advantage, it is installed under the refrigerator.

It is the RV2000 Maxim made by Vacuflo which I think is now Dirt Devil. The bags come from Camping World and fits either.

Here's a URL for more information: http://www.rvdoctor.com/clean.html

2017 Cedar Creek 38EL/2015 Silverado 3500HD
CC38EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:01 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I have the Dirt Devil system, which is the same as the Maxim RV2000 that I had in my previous RV. It's a great unit. You can get it at RVupgrades - who helps by sponsoring IRV2.com. Under the 'fridge works good. You need it to be somewhat centrally located so that the hose can reach both ends of the RV. After all, it is called a "central vac".
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:13 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Get the Rug Rat turbine brush with the Vacuflow/Red Devil central vac. It does a very good job on carpet and costs around $50. I purchased my system from a Vacuflow dealer that installs systems in stick built homes.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:05 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Since you have a Journey as we do also, you may be able to duplicate the installation of the Dirt-Devil we did. The vacuum mounts outside in the top of our storage compartment which is under the fresh water fill door.

Check out this Thread on the Installation for photo's.

As you'll see, mounting the vacuum with the inlet under the refriderator puts the system mid-ship which allows ease of use thoughout the camper.

Joe
Old 11-22-2005, 09:53 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Joe:
Very nice description on the installation, I am going to look into the dirt devil,sounds like a good system. Thank you for all your help. Patti

Celebration Florida
Old 11-22-2005, 11:56 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago use to mount the central vac system inside the coach on the journey in the galley cabinet, but in 2004 their engineers got the hint, that was the wrong place. They moved the unit outside in the storage bay just under the refrigerator. For all practical purposes, this is the best location, because a power source is close, it's centrally located for inside and out, the noise and heat from the unit is not inside, changing the filter bag outside doesn't allow dust to spread inside, and now you can use the unit both inside and outside. Althought, if your bed tilts up, or if you haven't made that modification yet, you might concider doing so and store your hose and all the attachments there. This area leans itself well for these items when you find the right storage containers to fit the open spaces between the bed mechanism.

radarr