Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I bought my Winnebago down is Los Angeles but I live in Northern California Bay Area. Anyone have any experience with working with Winnebago dealers in my area? Anyone you would recommend?
ClrCrkRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I bought my Winnebago down is Los Angeles but I live in Northern California Bay Area. Anyone have any experience with working with Winnebago dealers in my area? Anyone you would recommend?
Old 02-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
JC2
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ClrCrkRider:
I bought my Winnebago down is Los Angeles but I live in Northern California Bay Area. Anyone have any experience with working with Winnebago dealers in my area? Anyone you would recommend? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is a link to locating a Winnebago dealer in your area.
Winnebago Dealer Locator
Old 02-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

First of all, is MH in or out of warranty? When my rig was still in warranty, I had a problem with a propane leak and called Alpine in Morgan Hill. They told me that they could not look at my problem for 6 to 8 weeks because I did not purchase the MH from them. The service person I talked to was VERY rude. Since the only other local dealer went out of business, my only option was Alpine. They left me with a bad feeling and I will not go back.

The former (out of business) RV dealer site is now a repair facility that is equipped for any type of repair or service. The shop is called, All RV Service and Repair. They are located in Scotts Valley. They were an "authorized" Winnebago service when it was still a dealership. They can do extended warranty repair.

Good luck.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, within warranty. I saved over 20k buying in Los Angeles rather than local RV dealers (and Alpine wanted FULL MSRP!! I would of paid almost $40k more if I went with them). I knew before doing this that I was in for being treated as a lesser client when needing warranty work done. With my post here I am reaching out to you guys/gals to see who will be the best to work with.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Exactly where in the Bay Area are you located? I have heard good things of La Mesa in Davis, and personally had a very bad experience with Hansel in Petaluma.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I am in south bay. Thank You
Old 02-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

JC's RV in Livermore is an Itasca Dealer. I have had some work done on my Suncruiser 33V and I did not by it gfrom them. They got me in a week. Very nice to work with.
Dunnpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:59 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I have also used La Mesa in Davis and they do good work. But, like many of these dealers, make your appointment well ahead of time as there is a long wait, especially during the travel season.

Nick
Old 02-11-2008, 07:36 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

My one experience with La Mesa in Davis was quite good. They got us in in a short time and did everything that they were supposed to in a short time without damaging anything.

They allowed us to stay in the delivery area overnight with an electrical hookup (we were fulltiming then).

It is a long way from my current location or I would go back.

I bought my RV at Pan Pacific in French Camp and they were awful, would never go back.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:54 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Maybe it's a little too far for you to go, but Village RV in Roseville has been pretty good to me. On the other hand, I bought my coach from them so I don't know how they'll be for others.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote