Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #41
Winnebago Owner

We bought at LM because I wanted to see the factory tour and that's where we got the best deal both on the coach and on the trade.

This discussion concerning the small community close to the factory and how many units that they sell to the locals is similar to what I've heard concerning Wal-Mart and how they've dealt with what they do when they build in a community. Wal-Mart had taken the idea of buying in quantity and selling cheaper. There's not a single solitary business person out there who would not do the exact same thing to sell at a lower price.

Forest City is a small farming community. Farmers are known for having very good work ethics. They are close to the factory and can promise that your unit will have less than 20-30 miles on it when you drive it away. You can tour the factory and also see samples of many, many units on the shipping lot. The factory does have a very large well functioning service facility if you need it. There are several camping areas very close to the dealer and the factory.

LM has taken these and other opportunities and concentrated on what they have, sold it to the public and done well with it. That's American opportunity at it's finest.

Our two kids and their families will be arriving on Friday. We are looking forward to the total chaos for about 9 days.

LIFE IS GOOD All you folks have a wonderful and blessed holiday season. TRAVEL SAFE

TeJay
Old 12-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #42
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruizer Bill View Post
After reading all the glowing reviews of Lichtsinn here, we are considering traveling to their location and buying from them. We live in the Seattle area. I have two questions I hope you can help us with:

1) What airport should we fly into? For Dodge and Mason City are overnight flights from Seattle -take 22 hours and involve spending the night in Denver or Minneapolis. Des Moines is a snap - quick, easy and cheap! Any chance they would pick us up at Des Moines?

2) Does it make a difference price-wise buying off the lot versus special order? Do they charge more or less for special orders or off the lot motorhomes?

Thanks so much, you folks are GREAT
Bill
Hi Cruizer Bill
We did what you are looking to do one year ago tomorrow.

When we do it next time we will fly into Des Moines and pay the transportation guy to take us to FC.
I believe you get a better bang for your buck and more of what you want to order.
Our Tour has 10,274 miles on it. We have camped in it 151 nights. It has never been to a dealer for repair. Winnebago has spent $0.00 in
warranty work.
If I can help you in any way PM me.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #43
Winnebago Camper

Pleasureland R.V. in Ramsey,MN. and St. Cloud, MN. sell the Winnebago and Itasca line and are both very good. We bought a Winnebago Vista 27n in Ramsey and took delivery of it in St. Cloud. We went back there for service a couple months later and were pleased. They were prompt and fixed everything well.
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #44
Winnebago Camper

If you decide to travel to Forest City I would suggest that you find a motel in Mason City. We just visited the WBGO service group this past Monday and our search for motels in FC was a little scary so we went to Mason City. BTW the WBGO service group is very competent and supportive. We had warranty items that CW could not handle correctly and the WBGO crew fixed all of them. The discussions I had with the various service Tech's left me very impressed. We did visit LM just as they were moving into their new building. Pretty impressive. Their car dealer has service bays that had a MH in one of them. LM is very good on followup and we hoped to buy from them, but we found the model we wanted locally and LM did not have that model in stock. Their parts group is pretty good and they researched a request we had pretty thoroughly.
CBTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #45
Winnebago Owner

Got this today Happy Holidays from Lichtsinn Motors
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #46
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGHP View Post
I am happy to see that most of the staff remain 'politically' incorrect. It is nice to hear Merry Christmas from these fine folks.

And from me to you all: Have a wonderful, warm and family filled Christmas. I love the fact that the first Christmas gift ever given was that of Jesus. He took our death sentence for us. But, like any gift, it is useless unless it is accepted, opened and used. Have you opened your heart to the Gift of Jesus?

In His service,
Rick
Old 12-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #47
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
In the near future Winnebago will be partnering with RV Trader, when find a unit on the Winnie Web site, you can find out where that unit is available within the Winnebago dealer network.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:08 AM   #48

Merry Christmas . Everyone. Don't forget the real reason we are; and are happy.And celarbrating
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote