Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Brand loyalty

I love winnebago motorhomes and always have. In fact, growing up, every motorhome to me was called a "winnebago"...even if it was made from another company. Kinda like calling any cola a "coke". I am 43 years old and know pretty much all about every winnebago motorhome ever made and have had 3 winnebago motorhomes, and plan to always have a winnebago. My goal is to have a Tour one day, and hope to reach it. Does anyone else have this problem...if it is a problem
motohomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We are loyal to Thor because of the Thor Diesel Club. If we changed brands we loose our friends
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:43 PM   #3
ADA
Winnebago Camper

I am on my 3rd Winnebago coach and have experienced great quality in all three. My friends who bought other coaches seemed to send a great deal of time back a the dealers each year. Its either good luck or good engineering and manufacturing. I suspect the latter.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:24 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I have owned 2 Fleetwood coaches and 3 Winnebago coaches. I have been pleased with all my coaches. My first choice on purchasing another would be Winnebago again.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:42 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I am on my first Winnebago and very pleased with the workmanship. Only had one minor problem and it wasn't related to any workmanship by Winnebago. I would buy another one if the need/want should arise.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:51 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones47172 View Post
We are loyal to Thor because of the Thor Diesel Club. If we changed brands we loose our friends
jones47172
IMO if you loose any friends if/when you change coach brands they were never really friends to begin with.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 03:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We are still on our first Winnebago (Itasca) and it has been a comfortable and reliable home away from home for 11 years. We've been shopping DPs for a while and considered slightly used Newmar, Tiffin and Monaco, even older Country Coaches. But with the new Journey/Meridian 38P, I think we may have found our next home away from home. No axle weight problems, no full wall slide, plenty of basement storage, nice styling, and a floor plan that works for us. After all the research, I still think Winnie offers the best bang for the buck.
Plus we live near Roy Robinson RV Sales, a reputable Winnie dealer with a shop full of dedicated and talented technicians.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

I had a 95 adventurer for 5 years. It was a quality made product for its 95. I never had an issue or problem. I had an opportunity to move to a DP a few months ago and it happened to be a Country Coach. I feel great about both brands. I would go back to a Winnebago in a second if the right deal came up.
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 05:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
I had a 95 adventurer for 5 years. It was a quality made product for its 95. I never had an issue or problem. I had an opportunity to move to a DP a few months ago and it happened to be a Country Coach. I feel great about both brands. I would go back to a Winnebago in a second if the right deal came up.
John Jones

Not many owners of any brand can say that they never had an issue or problem in 5 years.
Hope you are as lucky with the Country Coach.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 05:40 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
jones47172
IMO if you loose any friends if/when you change coach brands they were never really friends to begin with.
Mel
'96 Safari

Ya. That is my exact thoughts. I switched brands and had no issues retaining friends. When I went over to new Brand's forum. Just added more friends.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 05:51 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I am loyal to my Damon as long as it continues to be loyal to me.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:35 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by motohomo View Post
I love winnebago motorhomes and always have. In fact, growing up, every motorhome to me was called a "winnebago"...even if it was made from another company. Kinda like calling any cola a "coke". I am 43 years old and know pretty much all about every winnebago motorhome ever made and have had 3 winnebago motorhomes, and plan to always have a winnebago. My goal is to have a Tour one day, and hope to reach it. Does anyone else have this problem...if it is a problem
We are on our second Winnebago coach. We have had one gas any one DP. We did our research on both and the quality is unequaled between similar coaches from different manufacturers. We have had only minor problems with both coaches. This is normal as the MH industry uses customers and dealers as their QC process.
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:48 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

I have owned six motorhomes in my lifetime of RVing. Three were Itascas, One was Winnebago, one was Gulfstream and one was Fleetwood. In my humble opinion, after driving and owning other brands, it is very relaxing to get back to a Winnebago product that you can depend on. Doesn't mean that there are no problems...just means that they are so much easier to get parts and repairs for.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:00 AM   #14
JBP
Winnie-Wise

We love our Winnebago. We had several and enjoyed all of them. Especial like the service that I get when I call Winnebago.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

This past August we purchased a 2016 Itasca Meridian 40R as our first motorhome and we love everything about it. We looked at many other manufacturers but fell in love with the Itasca.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:08 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Love my Winnebago Vista 35b, would buy another and love the brand, parts supply and tech support are the main reasons.