Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2021, 04:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Blower switch

I have a 2015 Itasca 27n. On a Ford F53 chassis. The heater/Ac panel has 3 switches. One is the blower speeds one chooses heat or Air and one which vents to direct the air to. When I choose Air or heat the blower comes on at a low speed. When I turn the fan speed switch nothing changes. I understand a common issue that fails is something called a resistor and it is quite easy to change. Can anyone describe or post a picture of where this would be located? Or might there be another cause of the problem?
Bradly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 06:38 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

This link will get you to a bunch of images of the "blower resister pack and they come in lots of different shapes models on different brand cars/trucks, so look at what you have and maybe remove it to take with you to a parts store to match up? Logic says maybe start with the FOMOCO group for the F53?

https://www.google.com/search?q=heat...w=1472&bih=762

I might try to look for the wiring plug going to the blower and then it is often just two screws holding it in the airstream???? To verify it is bad we can often see one of the wire "springs" has burned or broken in two.

added videos for more info?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 08:35 PM   #3
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradly View Post
I have a 2015 Itasca 27n. On a Ford F53 chassis. The heater/Ac panel has 3 switches. One is the blower speeds one chooses heat or Air and one which vents to direct the air to. When I choose Air or heat the blower comes on at a low speed. When I turn the fan speed switch nothing changes. I understand a common issue that fails is something called a resistor and it is quite easy to change. Can anyone describe or post a picture of where this would be located? Or might there be another cause of the problem?
My fan would only run in high. When I turned it to medium or low it shut off. Found just a loose connection at the blower on the passenger side.

Tags
switch