Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-03-2018, 10:15 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Beach Camper Advice

Greetings, I live on Cape Cod, MA where driving RV's and camping on the beach is a very popular past time.

I was wondering if anybody knew which used models are best for this use. The primary RV I observe on the beach is far and away the Winnie!

They do not have to be 4 wheel drive, I have many friends with Winnie's who drive on the beach that do not have 4 wheel drive.

Also, I'm wondering what (if any) modifications need to be done, perhaps altering or lifting the suspension, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Dave
dadoddridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:31 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Wow... Simply 'drive on the beach'... I hang out at the Assateague Ntl. Seashore near Ocean City, MD, and even 4WDs get stuck occasionally - particularly if they don't lower air pressure to accommodate soft sand. Yours sounds more like Daytona. I don't know about Hatteras, but I have never seen big units on the beach. I guess I'd prefer to keep salty sand away from my old rig ...but it sounds like a fun way to spend the day at the beach.

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Here you go:

RV Beach Driving Safety Tips - Don't Get Stuck In The Sand
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice