Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-04-2020, 09:21 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Got a different view on this drawing:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_145049.pdf
Using "cntl and C" to expand the view, I can read it better and see the positives are NOT connected together but the three red leads are one from starter off page to left, one from start battery positive and one to solenoid. Then in yellow I marked the coach positives tied together and then a lead to the solenoid. That looks right and should work, assuming the solenoid is okay, etc.
Check if your batteries and cables match that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	battery box sunovo27C positive.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	173189  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:23 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Richard,
My solenoids are mounted in the forward passenger side storage compartment in the relay box.

I'm going to track my wires. From what I understand, one positive house battery wire should go to right solenoid, and one positive battery wire should go to the left solenoid or chassis battery.
Thanks for your help
Tim
Tim Nadaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:41 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Sounds right without looking as the solenoids are just a switch the connection on/off, so we want the switch in between the power and what we want it to connect to/from and you do have several to do different things like tie the battery strings together when the engine runs or when we push the button on the dash, etc.
That battery cable laying there with the end replaced made me jump to thinking somebody might have modded things a bit too much!
Best of luck and enjoy as we may have very little else to do for a few months.
Gotta get these new toys ready to hum!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery