Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2020, 12:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Awning advice

I just bought a 05 Winnie 26A. I need to replace the awning, including the arms. I know it takes an 18' awning. Can anyone point me to the best and most reasonable place to purchase them? Much appreciate.
Grandparat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:32 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandparat1 View Post
I just bought a 05 Winnie 26A. I need to replace the awning, including the arms. I know it takes an 18' awning. Can anyone point me to the best and most reasonable place to purchase them? Much appreciate.
What brand awning you have and or want? Ours is from Carefree of Colorado.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:47 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

The original was damaged and removed so but I assume it was original. The previous owner said it was 18'.
Thanks.
Old 10-25-2020, 01:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

This may get ricky as you like to cover the holes and all kinds of details but as a start here is snip from the parts catalog page 83 of this:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...05/5wf326a.pdf
Page 84 also may be of help for related parts.

This part number may give a clue on what was orig., etc. Click the image to get a better view!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	awning.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	175468  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

OMG, this is great to have! Thank you SOOO much!
Old 10-26-2020, 07:10 AM   #6
MMH
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandparat1 View Post
Just in case you are unfamiliar with this process, you might make sure you watch some videos on how to do this. If it's a manual awning it's spring loaded and you could definitely have trouble if you weren't careful. Just fyi. There is a good video on line. At some point I was considering replacing the one on my TT, but finally decided to get it done at a local RV repair shop. Also, the measurement of the awning is important and there is a specific process for measuring. Just fyi. Hope it goes well either way for you!
MMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:03 AM   #7
Site Team

When we went to replace our awning arms due to storm damage we found that the arm pieces were discontinuted. That facilitated a search for replacement arms that would fit onto the tube that we already had (it was undamaged). We went with Solera by LCI (Lippert Components). They had some that were electric and one that was also battery operated. We could not get the battery model in time so went with a hardwired system. They also have full systems including the canopy. Not sure how their prices compare to Carefree or Dometic (if they're still around) but might be worth a look.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:43 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks MMH, I'm sure I will take it to someone who does this on a regular basis.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:52 PM   #9
Skyhawker

Used RV Awning Parts

In July, I managed to break a front awning arm on my Dometic Weather Pro electric Awning. (2009 Adventurer 35A). Winnebago parts manual and Cust. Support both pointed me to Dometic who was absolutely no help. They no longer support this model.
Won't be buying Dometic anymore.

I managed to find a great awning resource:

New and Used RV Awning Parts

This is a company in Oregon that specializes in used awning parts. Give them a call if you need parts. Otherwise, you are looking at a complete new install.
Skyhawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 12:13 AM   #10
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

What I don’t like about my awning.

I used to have a manual awning that had the legs connected to the RV and could by unhooked then nailed to the ground. You could also have one side lower than the other.

Now I have an electrical awning with arms that are not adjustable. I don’t like that it can’t be slope down on one side.

I’ve seen others that allow you to adjust one side or the other. Probably more expensive model the previous owner could have got but didn’t.

My advice is to get one that allows you to adjust the arm length.

Tags
advice, awning