Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
Many of us must have a different model of the Sharp microwaves. I have a baked potato setting on my front panel. In 2005 the Itasca may have came with a more deluxe model Sharp. Mine is stainless steel. Cooking instructions scroll across my LCD screen.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bingo Tom!! I have the same new stainless steel model, and we love it.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:51 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
Many of us must have a different model of the Sharp microwaves. I have a baked potato setting on my front panel. In 2005 the Itasca may have came with a more deluxe model Sharp. Mine is stainless steel. Cooking instructions scroll across my LCD screen.

Neil, I had a 1994 Vectra 34RA with a conv/micro and it was great. I can't recall the brand.

-Tom
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of the best features of the one in my 95 Vectra 33RQ was the Combination Microwave/Convection modes which do not seem to be there on your or my Sharps control panel. Sped up cooking a lot and reduced heat in the coach. Great when dry camping and you wanted to minimize generator and AC runtimes. In a silicone pan using the Combo Microwave/Convecton mode cornbread baked in a fraction of the convection only times.

Those old coaches had a lot of the features that many are putting in themselves today.
Extra waterpump switches in the galley and bathroom.
Generator switches in the bedroom and galley.
Automatic Rear Air Suspesion in a gas coach.
Rear Track Bar.
Real Wood Floors.

I really liked that old coach even though it had no slides.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:02 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I'm glad someone else jumped in, cause I was reading this thread thinking "hmm, either these guys are a bit on the challenged side, or they have a totally different microwave/convection."

Mine has been great, easy to use, and works awesome! I have used GE's and would not give up the Carousel for one! Now, I really hope it doesn't die, if the new ones are that bad!

John

John (N9MXX) & Derek (KC9KEM)
Moder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:12 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Update. I called Winnebago they want $694 for the exact Sharp that I have. Kelly am sending you a pm for directions and model GE you substituted.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Bea, First off how are you guys? Second you should have kept the Adventurer you had and done without the washer and dryer. Third I would go with Winnebago selling you one but go to the Discount store or get a hold of the Winebago parts store advertised on this website , you know the one near Rt 35.
Hope you get what you want and ours is working fine, knock on wood. Lastly have you tried Sharp itself and maybe they have an outlet store. Take care and safe travels, hi to Carl.
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

FWIW, I would consider looking around for a better price. I have see the Sharp R-1874, which is the same as the R-1875 I have in my coach but with a different face, for as low as $515.00

It also comes as the 1870 (black) and 1871(white). Call this number to make sure of the info:
1-800-BE-SHARP ( 237-4277 )
Joe
JWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:51 AM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Thx Joe and Sherri, I had called Sharp, they were supposed to fax me the mounting instructions for the R-1870 which I could have gotten in FL for $479, No one here sells them. At that time we didn't know this one would cost $365 to fix. I can order online from Home Depot for $499 plus $53 shipping plus tax, But need to be sure it takes the same mounting.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:01 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

One of the best features of the one in my 95 Vectra 33RQ was the Combination Microwave/Convection modes which do not seem to be there on your or my Sharps control panel. Sped up cooking a lot and reduced heat in the coach. Great when dry camping and you wanted to minimize generator and AC runtimes. In a silicone pan using the Combo Microwave/Convecton mode cornbread baked in a fraction of the convection only times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neil,

No one would mistake me for a cook or microwave/convection expert but, if your unit has a button or buttons labeled Low Mix/Bake or High Mix/Roast or something like that, you do have combination microwave/convection cooking. Your manual will tell you the details but generally the High Mix uses the microwave at the equivalent of 30 percent power and the Low Mix uses the microwave at the equivalent of 10 percent power. In actual practice what it might do is cycle the microwave to achieve this desired power level. It appears this is what it does on ours since you hear the microwave portion turn on/off during the cooking time. Might be worth a look at the manual to determine what the combination is called on your unit (or perhaps to verify that it does not have any combination settings ).
Old 04-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beabop:
Thx Joe and Sherri, I had called Sharp, they were supposed to fax me the mounting instructions for the R-1870 which I could have gotten in FL for $479, No one here sells them. At that time we didn't know this one would cost $365 to fix. I can order online from Home Depot for $499 plus $53 shipping plus tax, But need to be sure it takes the same mounting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
OK, great Beabop. Hope it all works out for you.
Joe
JWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote