Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I wanted to try and make a few simple upgrades to my coach to make it a little nicer. I am trying to figure out the differences between my 04 Winnebago Adventurer 38G and an 04 Itasca Suncruiser 38G. Don't care about the big stuff (paint, wallpaper, etc).
So far, (mostly by looking at the wiring diagrams) I found the Suncruiser has a built-in 12v alarm clock in the bedroom and upgraded light fixtures. Anyone else know of any other upgrades? Any pictures? I found the part numbers from the diagrams of the above mentioned, now have to get prices.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I wanted to try and make a few simple upgrades to my coach to make it a little nicer. I am trying to figure out the differences between my 04 Winnebago Adventurer 38G and an 04 Itasca Suncruiser 38G. Don't care about the big stuff (paint, wallpaper, etc).
So far, (mostly by looking at the wiring diagrams) I found the Suncruiser has a built-in 12v alarm clock in the bedroom and upgraded light fixtures. Anyone else know of any other upgrades? Any pictures? I found the part numbers from the diagrams of the above mentioned, now have to get prices.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:10 PM   #3
Texas Hill Country Area Leader

Not sure what your are looking for, but (besides different color schemes and finishes) most of what is extra cost on Winne is standard on Itasca)

Best,

ruppr (using ruppr'2 email)

Best,

Kris
ruppr2 (Kris) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Mirrors. Just add lots of mirrors!
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:08 AM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

When I bought my '06 Vectra I ordered every option except the ceiling fans it seems, and I still didn't have an Itasca Horizon as the trim groups are different in the two coaches.
There are just things like leather choices in the Itasca you can't get with the Vectra.
Not sure if they'd be available on special order,but then in my opinion you'd might as well go Itasca if you're doing that.
At the time my Winnebago dealer didn't carry the Vectra,nor can he sell Itasca.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:51 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Here are a few pictures..not to good..

'04 Itasca Suncruiser 38G, W22 Upgrade Kit, Henderson Trac Bar, Davis TruTrac, Steer Safe
Hamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:15 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks. Hamie, I like your pictures. Looks almost identical to mine (except I don't have leather). I see you have a round square mirror by the table & chairs. Mine is round (no biggy). You do have a nicer ceiling light in the bedroom. I have cheap camper lights. I would be interested in another picture or 2 of the bedroom, specifically the 12v outlet/clock and ceiling lights. Do you use the alarm clock at all? (Is it worth buying?)

Thanks. Dan
Old 11-08-2006, 05:01 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I'll try to get a couple pictures of the bedroom posted..probably be a couple days before they will be approved. As far as the digital clock..don't need the alarm part, got 2 dogs that wake me up before I want to. Do use the clock because it's always dark when they wake me...but I think if it wasn't there I would just buy a digital clock from Walmart or somewhere. Don't think I would go to the trouble of running power to the clock and the expense..going to be a lot more than one from Walmart..

'04 Itasca Suncruiser 38G, W22 Upgrade Kit, Henderson Trac Bar, Davis TruTrac, Steer Safe
Old 11-08-2006, 06:23 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I have a list of the differences between the Itasca line and the Winnebago line for 2004 but it is at home and we're on the road.

The blinds on the vents may be one of the differences that is not offered as an option on the Winnebago line.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:25 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

The bedroom pictures are waiting on approval...I have a .pdf spec file for the '04 Suncruiser. If you give me your email address I will send it to you.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

The 2004 Suncruiser brochure is online.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:37 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

A few more pictures....

Dimmer switch for ceiling light..

Old 11-09-2006, 05:37 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt.Bill:
Mirrors. Just add lots of mirrors! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mirrors on the ceiling.....

Seattle, WA
rvcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:43 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Beware of the clock, ours would go on the fritz even after the dealer fix. Found a nice clock at the Big Box Store with battery and 120V. Works great.
02 suncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote