Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-02-2007, 10:55 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Not at all...mine has worked great. Unless it was a large leak the system should keep the air tank pressured up to what ever setting you have selected based on the toad in the Brake-Buddy owners manual. You do have to play with the sensitivity a bit depending on what type of terrain you are traveling but be careful with it because they do work really well and if you set the sensitivity too high....you'll know it the first time you start down a hill or "lightly" apply the brakes in your RV. Going through the mountains of Alaska and Canada the unit performed very well...I was very pleased. One of the big +'s for me too was that it installs and un-installs in just a couple of minutes with no hard wiring to install. If there were a commercial for these units it would be modeled after the GEICO Insurance Co. commercial...."So easy...a caveman could do it"
Ron-in-Tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:48 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

When we decided that the time was right for us to purchase our first used motorhome we had ruled out other manufacturers by surfing the internet. We knew what we were looking for and the manufacturer. The day I found this site I was impressed with the content. The questions and replys were civil, more than I could say on other forums I visited.

The Winnebago unit is far and above some of the compitition. Factory support online is second to none, who else publishes all technical information found on the factory web site.

Over the years we have been able to find answers for things we came across or read about on the forum.

Now that I am totally hooked, plans are being made to write up what we want in a new Journey or Meridian and sent to dealers for pricing. Hopefully we will upgrade in the future with a UFO chassis not ruled out it is a terrific piece.
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

I agree with others that Winnebago seams to have the edge on quality. I also want to thank Winnebago for their sponsorship of this forum. I am in my 2nd Winnebago class A and I am a "Happy Camper". My next one will be a Winnebago and hopefully on a UFO Workhorse chassis.

I am also a daily visitor to this site and learned much from it. Everyone on IRV2 is friendly and helpful.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Rob & Lynn,

Like Ron-in-Tn, mine has worked great also. I've had it since 2001 so there are newer versions. Very easy to hookup and remove.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote