Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2020, 04:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Advice on selling

We have a 2018 Winnebago Sunstar that we will be selling early this summer. I have a few questions that I hope someone will be able to answer.
1. Are NADA RV prices reasonable? Where else can I go to find what RV'S have sold for?
2. We have a 2014 Ford Fiesta that we tow. Should we include the car or sell it separately?
3. How do we handle the title? Since we have a loan, we don't have the title. Do we have to use a dealer un this situation?

Thanks for any input!
camperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:24 PM   #2
Site Team

Look at everything. Look at NADA but don't be tempted to see your RV as being on the high side pricing or even the middle. Think the low dealer pricing.

Then look at RVT.com and see what others are selling for. That will give you the best starting place. And you'll be able to compare the NADA pricing with the real world right now.

RVtrader.com/RVT.com are your best bets for running ads, though I've used Craigslist locally too.

Clean the inside and outside REALLY WELL. Take all of your stuff out. Make it look new. Take really good photos. Look at RVT.com, see those photos? That's what you are up against. You want to be that good or better.

Be aware that scammers and thieves will contact you immediately. They'll pretend to be shoppers interested in your RV. Then no. They'll either want you to pay them $400 to sell your RV "guaranteed" or they are suddenly called out of the country and want to send you a Cashiers Check and have their agent pick up the RV.

Both are scams. Ignore them or call them names. Suit yourself.

I can't answer the Title questions because I've always owned my RVs outright. I'm sure others will come along and help with that.

Good luck!
Old 05-19-2020, 04:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I second the scam concern. I go so far as to go the the bank with the buyer when they get their cashier's check, and then I'll give them the title at that point.

As to the tow vehicle, I'd probably just mention it's available but not try to find someone willing to buy both. That would limit your buyer pool.

Tags
advice