Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Let me tell you a story about something that should been there but was not.

I was vacuuming the RV, around the bed and noted that there was molding or trim that was on the back corner of the bed, but it is not on the front corner. It must be missing. Add this to the list of things to be fixed, well after 6 weeks in the shop and all the repairs were completed, I looked at the front molding and the molding was there. Good, a done deal.
Back to vacuuming the RV, (it needs to done) and around the bed, what do I see? The molding was missing off the back corner. Look at the front there it is. All they did move was move the back to the front. Now I was really mad. I went to the RV repair shop and told them. They said they replaced it but how can it be missing. He said he'd look into it. But he had no answer. If someone replaced it they did not have any extra molding in stock and how they could have replaced the molding. It took a month to get the 16" piece of molding. So they lost a customer over a $2.50 16" piece of plastic molding. I have not been back to them. I will go 90 miles to get it fixed if I can not do it myself.
unclesmirf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Let me tell you a story about something that should been there but was not.

I was vacuuming the RV, around the bed and noted that there was molding or trim that was on the back corner of the bed, but it is not on the front corner. It must be missing. Add this to the list of things to be fixed, well after 6 weeks in the shop and all the repairs were completed, I looked at the front molding and the molding was there. Good, a done deal.
Back to vacuuming the RV, (it needs to done) and around the bed, what do I see? The molding was missing off the back corner. Look at the front there it is. All they did move was move the back to the front. Now I was really mad. I went to the RV repair shop and told them. They said they replaced it but how can it be missing. He said he'd look into it. But he had no answer. If someone replaced it they did not have any extra molding in stock and how they could have replaced the molding. It took a month to get the 16" piece of molding. So they lost a customer over a $2.50 16" piece of plastic molding. I have not been back to them. I will go 90 miles to get it fixed if I can not do it myself.
unclesmirf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:42 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

That's real nice!
Post the name of the repair facility so others know where not to go.
Also, I would make a call to Winnebago just for the record, and let them know about the repair.
Not that it would do any good???? But who knows..
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:15 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So they lost a customer over a $2.50 16" piece of plastic molding. I have not been back to them. I will go 90 miles to get it fixed if I can not do it myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sorry to hear of your experience, it is however not uncommon. There are a lot of dealers providing service with a total disregard to delivering quality service or the customer is affected or even what your opinion is of their service. They usually have more work than they can handle.

There is a web site http://rvservicereviews.com that allows us to put down our experiences. It gives me some satisfaction of having some leverage. Also be sure to write this dealer a letter informing him that yoy will be posting your experience on this website. This is what I do with either a good or bad experience, just let them know that their quality of service is being looked at.

It has made one dealer I use locally aware that he needs to improve the quality of his service
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:04 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

HARRY B; Good idea, I do the same thing, plus I mail the dealer manager a copy of my post and send his service manager a copy. So far most of mine have been positive post, but in a case or two it was negative. The positive post brought no comments from the dealer,(they did post it on a BB in the service area), the negative posts brought a phone call to offer a correction. Unfortunately at their convenience.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

It is interesting that Dealers don't seem to respond well to emails but if you bother to send them a snail mail you get there attention. You would think that the nature of an email being capable of posting to a forum would have their interest peaked more than a letter that is hard to reproduce in a mass format. Hmmmm....

2005 Honda Element
bjbkkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:40 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

You know, you are right. Most dealers just do not seem to have a clue as to how to handle customers or even potential customers. I can't tell you how many times I have never returned to a dealers lot, because they ignored my e-mail concerning a coach they had for sale. Then I get these promotional crap sheets in the mail, about how consumer oriented they are.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I am not a Winnebago owner, but spent a year visiting every RV dealer in the state of Virginia and was amazed at the varying treatment I received as I was seriously shopping. I ended up with a dealer who has been awesome (I think I posted a review but will double check). You would think a brand like Winnebago would ensure quality customer service from its dealers.
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote