Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2019, 12:47 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

A thread I liked on another forum

...to that last poster. Especially those just lurking, and thinking of buying their first, or next TT/RV...Winnebago directed...or not!

In my opinion, this is a great 'educational' read...

Warranty Woes and Not Buying Local - heads up to first-time buyers - Forest River Forums

This might prevent...a shoulda-coulda-woulda event....
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:47 PM   #2
Winnebago Vita 24P

Sad reading this. I am very handy, and have already fixed two major issues. I am local to my selling dealership, but their service center is two months out for service. Man my old TT was maintenance free for 15 years other than a water heater thermostat, and a battery. Is this what folks have to put up with. I paid almost four times for my rig what I paid for that TT in 2005, but the quality is absolutely terrible when looking at quality control. Great product and nice hardware, but literally thrown together with no thought of longevity. I have had my rig for a month and a half, and I am going thru it little by little to improve that quality control, before it breaks. The mobile techs is a great idea, good business if it weren't in commifornia. I could probably make a great living if I were younger and had any desire.
lenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I am literally tempted to visit Europe and bring bag a rig to the US. Their units are so well made, it hurts to think how bad the rigs are here in the US. Similar experience down under as well, funny thing is some of the companies across the big ponds are yep US owned, but I guess they make stuff for them that is much much better than the junk we get! Slowly the look is coming stateside, but the real meaningful quality, design etc is long way off.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:22 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Many dealers will not even work on an RV unless it was purchase from them. It happened to me when I would have been 12 miles in a campground from an LCI dealer. When I called to see if I could get an appointment the reply was, "We only work on RV's purchased from us." I had to cancel our reservations and travel to Indiana for repairs.

Same thing happened here locally when I wanted to get my Aqua Hot serviced. Fortunately there is another non-selling repair facility that I can use.

Remember in 2008 when everyone was crying for service. Feast or Famine. It's feast time for dealers.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:33 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Many dealers will not even work on an RV unless it was purchase from them. It happened to me when I would have been 12 miles in a campground from an LCI dealer. When I called to see if I could get an appointment the reply was, "We only work on RV's purchased from us." I had to cancel our reservations and travel to Indiana for repairs.
Same thing happened here locally when I wanted to get my Aqua Hot serviced. Fortunately there is another non-selling repair facility that I can use.
Remember in 2008 when everyone was crying for service. Feast or Famine. It's feast time for dealers.
Wayne I can just imagine the stress and chaos the service issues must have caused at the nick of time and essentially the seminal reason we or I RV, the ability to take a trip at a moments notice! Should be like getting in a car and driving, expecting quality, safety and service.
Ain't it just amazing that BBB or even the Consumer Safety agency or the FTC is not getting involved in this scatter and confuse warranty service process of this whole industry! Its time for customers to step up the pressure on the industry instead of taking on the pain and suffering like its a rite of passage!
*Facts, Truth, Data Points it is all out there, why ignore it or justify it when we know it's ethically bigly wrong and goes against common sense, expectations and decency.

Tags
forum