Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-22-2021, 08:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

A Shadow of its Former Self

We have been going to the Quartzsite RV show for perhaps 10 years, maybe more, and decided to go this year as well, although I decided I was going to be very, very careful considering how crowded the show generally is. I would make sure I was well masked and stay away from crowded areas like the big tent and perhaps only browse the RVs in th outside display area. But, as it turned out, I needn't have worried since the show was largely a ghost town on the Tuesday we were there.

One of the interesting things is that there were no Class B or Class C RVs on display for sale, at least none that I could find. Lots of 5th wheels, some TTs and a fair number of very long Class As, but not a single B or C that I could find. One of the Class As was relatively short (28-29 feet) but it was sold, one was perhaps 32 feet and the rest all seemed to be 40-45 feet. Interesting to see and browse, but nothing that I would want to have to drive down the highway (or pay taxes on, considering that the list prices were in the $400,000 - $500,000 range).

Both the LTVA (which is normally like a small city during the show) and the free boondocking area were only lightly used and we had no one within 100 yards of us at the Road Runner camp site south of Quartzsite.

Here are some photos:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0051.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	478.3 KB
ID:	176932   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0052.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	318.0 KB
ID:	176933  

Click image for larger version