Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-31-2006, 10:37 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Ron & Dee if they power washed and got water in your air filter you will have this problem.Low power mode.
As to your electric problem if your blowing 40 amp fuses or others on fire wall fuse boxes you may have a problem with your ignition cable wiring coming from your ignition switch. The harness wiring goes over the steering post on a bend that dresses it down the steering post. Everytime you adjust the steering wheel you stretch this wiring over the metal bend causing the wires, if there is a burr on the metal bend, to cut thru a wire or wires and blow your fuses.
I had this happen blown fuse and smoke up thru steering wheel. Had to be towed and get wiring replaced. AFTER I had it replaced I placed a "wiring sleeve" around wires going over the metal bend. That was over 15,000 miles ago.
As to your water problem your air filter and box may have water in it causing the MDF to sense this and not allowing engine to start or keeping it in a low power mode. Filter has to be changed and senser and box cleared of moisture.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:39 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the input "007"

Sometimes I have a hard time with logic in trying to trouble shoot some of my problems, and things usually windup being a big puzzle even after the problem is solved.

The motor home ran perfect for about 20 miles after I picked it up from the detailing,and the problem didn't start until I was parking it beside the house.

Earler this year I had a problem with the connection block under the steering wheel. One of the connections for the head lights shorted out just as we pulled into the Fort Wilderness check-in. I raised the steering wheel and the head lights went out. The connection block has been replace, but there could still be a problem in that area. The sleeve over the wires sounds like a good idea.

Ron
Ron & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:35 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

FINALLY ANOTHER UPDATE

The service manager called me today and informed me that my problem, the motor home's problem, was a shorted wiring harness near the A/C compressor. The short kept blowing the same fuse for the transmission sensor.

And now for another problem?

She also informed me that I had a problem with a frozen caliper on the left rear wheel. The caliper froze up this summer while on vacation and I had it replaced in Roanoke Virginia. Any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thanks,

Ron
Old 09-16-2006, 04:23 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Ron, they say theirs a problem with the brakes on certain Workhorse Chassis'. You might do a search here on the Workhorse Owners Chassis Forum regarding brake problems. Primarily I believe its related to the pins hanging up and causing what you described.

Hope this helps...
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:25 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Bob

I told the service technician about the problem I had with the left caiper and showed him the invoice on the remedy performed by the people in Roanoke.

Hopefully they will let me know what they find by Monday.

I will see if I can find the information on the pins

Ron
Old 09-17-2006, 04:30 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wa0mqe:
Ron, they say theirs a problem with the brakes on certain Workhorse Chassis'. You might do a search here on the Workhorse Owners Chassis Forum regarding brake problems. Primarily I believe its related to the pins hanging up and causing what you described.

Hope this helps... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There was a brake fix for certain chassis - we were at a service place in San Antonio (which happened to be a Workhorse dealer) getting our Howard PCS installed and a Class A with a Workhorse chassis was towed in with a frozen rear brake. I watched the tech pull the wheels and take the brake assembly apart and replace with updated parts.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

John,

I did the search on Calipers and came up with a lot of posts on the subject, but still came away with an unclear picture of what might be going on with my particular problem.

In the mean time I'm going to reply to another post with the same problem I had with the LR caliper while vacationing in the Blue Ridge Parkway this Summer.

Thanks,

Ron
Old 09-20-2006, 02:53 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

GUESS WHAT

Now the service manager tells me it wasn't the left rear caliper that is stuck, it is the right rear caliper?

They called it into National, and National want's to send a representive to see exactly what is going on?

I will update the outcome as soon as I find out what exactly is going on. So far it has been three weeks since I had the Motor Home towed in for service.

Ron
Old 09-22-2006, 07:41 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Finally some good news!

The National Representative sent to check my issues with the right rear caliper ok'd the work order to have it replaced

They fixed the shorted wiring harness that was causing the computer to give the false alarms. They replaced the caliper.

Total charge $107.00 Thanks National

Ron