Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2020, 10:14 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

I own an alignment and suspension repair shop for semi trucks. We also service RV's. The first thing that we would check on your rig is toe setting. I would then jack up the steer tires one at a time and look for loose components. I would check the tie rod ends for play. That would cause what you are experiencing. I would also check the pitman arm and the draglink. That can cause wandering also. if you have tire wear issues that can be a sign as to what the problem may be as well. If you have one steer tire wearing evenly and one wearing poorly, you have an alignment issue or a loose component.
Laserline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:30 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbwitt View Post
Hi my first MH it's a 2003 Winnebago Journey36 DL. The sterring wheel can move like from 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock before it's moving the direction of the tires. Is it a simple fix? Something I can do my self ?
Or is this normal
Thanks Kenn n

I have a 2012 Winnebago Vista 30T, from day one it had a lot of play in the steering, I bought some things called steer safe, mounted them and it pretty much eliminated the problem, not completely but it helped a lot
Okiemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:49 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

If you have that much movement in your steering wheel, I would take it to a professional. You may have loose tie rod ends, bearings, ect. Unless you feel completely comfortable checking these components, I would not. There is something wrong with the RV. O own an alignment and repair shop for semis. We also service RV's. If you have that much play, you have a serious problem. The unit is unsafe and needs immediate attention. You are risking your and others safety driving it that way. If you need any more help, let me know.
Laserline is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steering