Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #1

The new owners came today and drove off in our 04 Vectra. They are "tickled pink" with it and for the first time in 11 years we are "motorhomeless". We have always traded our coaches and just brought the new one home, but we will have an empty pad for a couple of more weeks until our 08 is delivered. Just seems kind of strange not having a MH sitting next to the house. Can hardly walk through our garage because of all the "stuff" in there. DH looked at it and said, "do we really NEED all of this in the new one"...silly man, of course we do.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #2

The new owners came today and drove off in our 04 Vectra. They are "tickled pink" with it and for the first time in 11 years we are "motorhomeless". We have always traded our coaches and just brought the new one home, but we will have an empty pad for a couple of more weeks until our 08 is delivered. Just seems kind of strange not having a MH sitting next to the house. Can hardly walk through our garage because of all the "stuff" in there. DH looked at it and said, "do we really NEED all of this in the new one"...silly man, of course we do.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

With so many MH on the market today,how did you decide to go with another WINNE.? We are looking to move to a larger MH up from our 32ft. Horizon and have been amazed at the new coaches and the improvements since 03.
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #4

Yes, we have ordered another Vectra. It is the 40FD. We have only owned Winnebagos since our first one in 97. The 08 will be #5. We have have been very happy with all of our Winnebagos, some more than others, and we are members of a local WIT chapter that would not take kindly to it if we bought an SOB (some other brand). We have had occasion to look at other brands, but we feel Winnebago makes a great coach for the money and you can't beat the friends we have made in our WIT club.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Congrats on the sale of the old and may the days fly by until the new one arrives.
Know what you mean by owning Winnebagos, we're on #5 since our first in 78
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Glenda,
My wife and I had to wait 3 months without an RV last year waiting for our 07 Vectra TD. We even attended a Rally with signs that said "will work for RV." It was a very empty feeling but the excitement of the new one will make it all worth while! Good luck on your new wheels. Oh, we also stayed with Winnebago becuase of the WIT clubs. See you at GNR if you make it.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:44 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Glenda I can relate to your feelings. I too was saddened and apprhensive when the new owner drove my diesel away. Its like loosing a dear friend.

Our storage shed was so full, I asked the wife what we were going to do with all of it and she said "I guess you'll just have to buy another motorhome" and we did.

Miss my diesel, but for now and under the circumstances, the gasser is all we need.

Remember it will just be a short time before the new baby is home in its crib...All our best to you and Phil.
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:17 AM   #8

Dennis and Trish,
I hope you have seen the post about GNR. I have "loosly" organized a get together there with the help of the folks at Winnebago. So far I have about 75 irv2 members on the list! There will be more info to follow as the date gets closer and I have a firmer head count for them. If you are familiar with the place you know they will have large tents set up for the seminars and we will probably use one of them. We will have name tags with everyones screen name(that is if you want us to know who you are ) See you there.
We had a good time in that Vectra, but we are REALLY looking forward to the new one. The folks that bought ours are joining our club, so I'll get to visit it once in a while
Old 02-03-2008, 03:30 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

We always felt a little 'different' when we were between boats. Maybe like a member of the family was sold off or left. We had never been without a sailboat for about 20 years (other than when we were between boats) and when we sold the last one there were very mixed emotions.

It took quite a bit of time to get used to the idea we didn't have a boat.

It was really sad when we heard about the succession of owner's lack of care for the boat. We heard the boat was in south Florida and got a bit trashed during a hurricane and it was purchased for a fire-sale price. Oh well...

At least you will be able to keep an eye on your 'child.'

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:47 AM   #10

We also have mixed emotions when we 'get rid of" our last RV for our new one. After 13 of them, there are 2 that made us sad after we sold them...the rest?....GLAD and good ridance.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

I must be nuts! I thought about buying a new rig but then after looking at a bunch of them, I decided that the few upgrades I saw were not worth the money. None have tripped my trigger enough to make me trade my Adventurer. Not even the new Adventurer. So just save me a room at the nearest nuthouse.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:08 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

FINHAWK" I am with you. I just returned from a large RV show. I saw nothing that I would trade my 01 Suncruiser for, not even in the Winnebago line. What I saw was a lot of little amenities that were standard on the 01 are no longer there. Such as spare tire and wheel, clocks, decent vinyl flooring,pull out table for recliner and etc. I think I will keep mine.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:04 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Different strokes for different folkes.

Glenda and Phil chose to buy a new RV, its their dollar and we are all happy for them.

The thread has to do with seeing a RV that you think a lot of leave...Good and Safe Miles
Old 02-05-2008, 06:40 AM   #14

Jimmy, thank you for saying it so I didn't have to. Just seemed like the time to go new, and we had the means. Might be our last...or it might not. Hope to see you sometime down the road. Take care.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:08 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Congrats on your new coach! You'll love the 40FD floorplan! We took delivery of ours in May and haven't been out of it since. For our taste, it provides us with the "living room feel" that we were looking for.

Only problem was not being able to get a king size bed but, hey....

Happy Miles.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Don't get the wrong idea. I'm happy for those folks and I wish them all the best. I just care enough for mine that I'm going to keep it. That way I don't have to go thru the "sad" part
Old 02-06-2008, 01:09 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

We understand your position Finhawk. But, why pour vinegar on the thread by suggesting that the new coaches are not worth the money.

Lets not make the situation any worse by going back and forth. Sometimes its just best to keep a upbeat tone to a post. Good Miles
Old 02-06-2008, 05:09 AM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Glenda,

Right now, I can relate to your feelings about the old coach as I am going through the same feelings.

A couple months ago, we sold our Journey and ordered a Tiffin. The new owner hasn't picked up the Journey yet, but the day he drives it off will be tough. Of course, I'm not emotionally attached to the rig, but still, having the unit for 5 years and learning it inside and out made driving it and living in it very comfortable. I have to say, I think I learned just about every wire, fitting, and accessory in that rig, and it's that knowledge of leaving the familiar that we miss.

You're going to enjoy the new rig more (as I'll tell myself when the new owner picks up my Journey next month)

I honestly think I'll miss more the Winnebago friends I've made here on the forum....at least you stayed in the family

Since I defected, I can't show up at the GNR iRV2 Rally you're putting together (By the way, that's fantastic) but I'm still going to poke my head in the Winnebago forums from time to time

Again...congratulations on the new coach...You're gonna love it
Old 02-06-2008, 07:35 AM   #19
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ichn2go:
We understand your position Finhawk. But, why pour vinegar on the thread by suggesting that the new coaches are not worth the money.

Lets not make the situation any worse by going back and forth. Sometimes its just best to keep a upbeat tone to a post. Good Miles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not trying to pour anything on the fire! The point I was trying to make was that Winnibago made just as good a rig 8 years ago as they make now and personnaly, I don't see enough of an advantage to make me trade for a newer coach. Anyone that does has my blessing.
It's kinda like I like driving my 51 Stude and really enjoy my 37' 65 Fairliner Tri-cabin. Just a matter of taste. Like some folks will give 50K for a 57 Chev and I wouldn't give 5 bucks. Now I'll shut up
Old 02-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #20
Winnebago Master

Finhawk: I have been following this thread a little and am a bit incredulous. You just gave your opinion on new coaches, you sure are entitled to do that in these forums. I can't see why any one would even comment on your remarks. By the way I happen to agree with you; see my post about a recent RV show I attended.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote