Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-13-2020, 10:17 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

25RKS Minnie Plus Wheel Holding Tanks

A few weeks ago I picked out a new 2018 25RKS. The specs say there is 1 grey water holding tank with capacity of 41 gallons. I actually have 2 grey tanks (guessing one is bathroom, other is kitchen). anyone know what the tanks capacities are?
darcjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:20 AM   #2
Site Team

I looked up the factory specs, watched dealer videos, read sales specs and the RVtrader official specs for a 2018 25RKS - all of them said there is one grey tank of 50 gals.

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2020-...-25rks-tr42879

Something is odd for that to not be what is actually installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 12.20.07 PM.png
Views:	70
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	174194  
Old 07-13-2020, 11:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Yes, strange indeed. And although i have only used it once there were fluids in both the grey tanks when i pulled release.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Is this maybe a communications problem and you are actually speaking of grey and black water tanks instead of two grey tanks?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Hi Richard. I have both a black water and grey water tank release lever infant of the wheels. I also have another 2nd grey water tank release more toward the back. Although all documentation says only 1 grey water tank i think their is two. In my model the kitchen is at the back so i am thinking they have one grey tank that handles the kitchen and another that handles the bathroom (shower and sink) as the bathroom is more to the rear. I do know that when i pulled the grey water releases each had water. Just can't any docuementaion to support the 2nd grey water tank or capacity.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:10 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Got to agree that info on trailers is really hard to get. No online drawings, etc. to show us parts that we can look over. And that makes it totally possible that you have some sort of "hybrid" Rv that isn't covered in the info we do find.
But still being hard to imagine they would short themselves in telling you that it has one tank when it actually has two? That's hard for my cynical side to buy very far.
Probably nothing specific in the sales or owners manuals to say for sure?
But a second idea that you might test out or look to see how it might be, is that there are actually two dump valves on one tank?
No idea if this makes sense as I can't see what you have, but maybe need for two to fully drain for winter? Any chance of something like the tank goes up and over a hump like an axle, so that there are two low sides?
Even weirder thought, might be to dump a pack of food color into one spot and see if it comes out in both drains after filling half way? Heck of a way to try to learn something but I'm a simple guy that likes simple plans!
Winnebago does seem to be good about finding info on phone calls so maybe calling and giving them the serial number of your RV could get really specific info?
Old 07-13-2020, 01:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

some great suggestions - i am going camping this weekend so I am going to try the food colouring suggestion. Never thought about is it is actually one tank with 2 halves. thanks for providing your feedback.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Wacky ideas need testing! I'm thinking that since Winnebago does have tanks custom made for each RV style, maybe one way to fit a bigger tank in is to "drape" it over something that they can't move. I know it is sure than tanks on motorhomes do have some designs that have the part we can see from the compartment bing only 6-8 inch front to back of the part we can see and that makes it look like the water is half full but people question why the reading on the gauges may say nearly empty!
And they do lots of things that seem odd to fit tanks bigger than might normally fit.
This is one motorhome which we can get info on that shows two tanks and two valves at green arrows but to drain the closer grey tank, there is a pump (orange item) to pump the grey water up and around the back of the black tank to use one drain outlet.
so a tank shaped like a saddle bag might not be that far out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tank.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	174195  

Tags
tank