Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #1
Ron

2022 Navion window night shades

Hi...just got a new 2022 Navion. I'm not incompetent but the new driver/passenger window shades simply do not stay up with the internal magnets. . Does anyone have similar problems? Windshield shade is held on by visors so no problem there. Thank You Ron N.
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:35 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Ron,
You could just leave the interior covers at home, and instead buy an exterior cover. Here are some examples:

Sprinter Custom Windshield Cover
2007- 2022 Sprinter RV Windshield Cover
Sprinter/Mercedes Ultra 90% Windshield Cover 2007 to 2022

An exterior cover insulates better, and you also get less nighttime interior condensation on those cab windows too.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 07-02-2022, 11:41 AM   #3
Ron

Thanks so much Eagle 5. It is not the windshield cover that is a problem but the driver and passenger side window cover. They are supposed to be held up by magnets from the inside but frankly it does not work. Perhaps a warranty issue. Will wait for additional feedback from the forum. Regards
Old 07-02-2022, 11:47 AM   #4
Site Team

Hi again Ron,
The windshield covers I am suggesting wrap-around the cab, and include the driver's and passenger's side windows.
I use one on my Minnie Winnie, and it is really great. All of my windows are double-pane, except for those cab windows, so the additional insulation is great.
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 07-02-2022, 01:08 PM   #5
Ron

Thanks so much Eagle 5 !!
Old 07-13-2022, 05:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

To install the side covers first open the respective door and attach the cover with the magnets so that it is captured when you close the door.
Richvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 05:09 PM   #7
Ron

2022 window night shade

Richvg...thanks for the reply. So I guess the magnets are designed to be held in place by the closed door. I will try that. Seems simple enough. Winnebago should post a short video on its operation as I initially thought the magnet would adhere to the frame. Appreciate it.
Old 07-13-2022, 07:34 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Assuming they haven't changed the side window shades from what we have in our 21D...

We're able to quickly mount the shades - with the doors closed by pushing them into the window openings.

If you try to open the door while the shades are on, there is a good chance the shade will fall off.

But as long as the door stays closed, and the shades are wedged into the window opening, they stay.

The windshield shade is much easier to mount now that we've removed the completely useless rear view mirror.

We've talked about getting an external cover - but haven't done it, because we've been able to get the stock shades to work - and their pretty easy to store in the overcab - which an external cover would probably end up being stored in an outside compartment - and those are already pretty full from other items...
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 03:54 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron N View Post
Thanks so much Eagle 5. It is not the windshield cover that is a problem but the driver and passenger side window cover. They are supposed to be held up by magnets from the inside but frankly it does not work. Perhaps a warranty issue. Will wait for additional feedback from the forum. Regards
Hi, my 2021 24D I ordered the

https://www.quest-overland.com/produ...in-doors-2019/

I've heard good reviews, should arrive anytime. As far at the ones that came with, If you start the bottom and put it behind the lock that sticks up first then push or wedge the top in they stay better. Hope this helps.
john951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 05:33 PM   #10
Site Team

Hi John,
Yes, please let us know how these window covers work-out for you.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5

Tags
window