Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2022, 03:01 PM   #1
Ron

2022 Navion Acrylic windows

On our 2nd trip with our 2022 Navion. We purchased the acrylic windows as an upgrade because of the double pane extra insulation features. We are currently at a campground on a windy day and noticing the "whistle" of the wind coming in the kitchen side. The seal around the window does not tightly seal. If I peal the rubber insulation from the acrylic there is a clear gap which explains the wind coming through. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there an adjustment on the windows? I was expecting a better fitting window.

Thanks

Ron N
Colorado
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 05:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron N View Post
On our 2nd trip with our 2022 Navion. We purchased the acrylic windows as an upgrade because of the double pane extra insulation features. We are currently at a campground on a windy day and noticing the "whistle" of the wind coming in the kitchen side. The seal around the window does not tightly seal. If I peal the rubber insulation from the acrylic there is a clear gap which explains the wind coming through. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there an adjustment on the windows? I was expecting a better fitting window.

Thanks

Ron N
Colorado
Mine are very airtight. Are yours the ones with the built in screens and blinds all as one unit (Dometic-Seitz)?
Old 09-21-2022, 05:22 PM   #3
Ron

Thanks fir your reply. Yes these have the screen and shade as one unit which is great
Old 09-21-2022, 05:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I would definitely contact the dealer, don't see why there should be any air leaks especially since mine are airtight after 11 years. I will add that we rarely open one, but that shouldn't matter.
Old 09-21-2022, 05:26 PM   #5
Ron

Thanks much
Old 04-29-2023, 07:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
I would definitely contact the dealer, don't see why there should be any air leaks especially since mine are airtight after 11 years. I will add that we rarely open one, but that shouldn't matter.
I'm considering purchasing acrylic windows largely because I like the idea of cross-ventilation. Your comment about rarely opening them has me thinking twice about them. I would think on a nice day, opening them up to allow a small breeze into the RV would be enjoyable. Not so??
dalewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 07:09 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalewalk View Post
I'm considering purchasing acrylic windows largely because I like the idea of cross-ventilation. Your comment about rarely opening them has me thinking twice about them. I would think on a nice day, opening them up to allow a small breeze into the RV would be enjoyable. Not so??
Yes, very nice but we seem to either be using the AC, the heat or we are not in the RV. We tend to sleep, eat and shower in the RV and we are out and about the rest of the time. Last summer I was boondocking in hot weather and I did open them and it kept things very nice inside. When sleeping in nice weather we simply open the sash windows on either side of the bed. Note I do not have a Navion but my Via has those same windows in the dining room, galley and one side of the bedroom. There are two small sash windows in the bed slideout.
Old 04-29-2023, 07:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We have the acrylic windows and love em. The screens and privacy shades are great too. We have camped beach front a have been thru some serious storms that rocked the RV. No issues at all.

Knowing who much we hate returning to the dealer for warranty I'd look at adding some adhesive weather strip to the whistling window.
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window