Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-28-2022, 07:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2021 View 24D Leaning

I have a 2021 View 24D that is leaning to the passenger side (about 1 1/2"), has anyone else had this issue? Winnebago says they have not heard of this before.
SRJColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 07:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I see its your first post so welcome to the board.
I have 2021, Navion 24V can't say I have noticed a lean issue. Is the lean in the front or the back or both? I would check the leaf springs in the rear. Another thing to check is the bump springs in the front and rear. In the rear the bump springs are a rectangular rubber block mounted to the frame touching the rear axle housing when on level ground. Up front the bump springs are round mounted to the frame with the swing arm resting against them. Most of us replace the rubber blocks with Sumo Springs to reduce the sway issue. Makes a BIG difference.
Sparky19053 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 09:56 PM   #3
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Of course they’ve never heard of it…geez..

Watch this…

https://youtu.be/WKCnXjY_JJM
Old 03-30-2022, 03:29 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Recommend the View be taken to Mercedes to check the chassis (if it's leaning when the jacks or stabilizer aren't deployed).
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hello, one other thing as an FYI, are you overloaded or more weight distributed on the passenger side? I have a 24v so I can’t comment on where the tanks are located on yours but mine are on the drivers side. If they were full and I had too much loaded on that side , I would probably have a lean to the drivers side. Also as others have said, I would definitely check your leaf springs and shock absorbers, as off the lot, our rigs weren’t built for much carrying capacity. If you are sitting on the rear chassis block and it’s a stock one (not sumo spring or comparable you installed after), then one of those components is an issue and you probably overloaded it. Happy travels.
Databoy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 10:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

We haven't seen any leaning in our 21D - and we've used it with empty and full tanks - and fully loaded in the storage compartments.

Unless there's something wrong with the chassis/suspension - should be difficult to add enough weight on the passenger side to create the amount of leaning indicated by the OP. On the passenger side of the D - the cabinets inside the coach wouldn't be able to hold enough weight to account for that much lean.

This should be checked and corrected before any road trip.
Old 04-03-2022, 05:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprochnow View Post
We haven't seen any leaning in our 21D - and we've used it with empty and full tanks - and fully loaded in the storage compartments.

Unless there's something wrong with the chassis/suspension - should be difficult to add enough weight on the passenger side to create the amount of leaning indicated by the OP. On the passenger side of the D - the cabinets inside the coach wouldn't be able to hold enough weight to account for that much lean.

This should be checked and corrected before any road trip.
My son-in-laws parents blew out the bottom of an outside storage compartment by overloading it with tools. Just because most people don’t overload, doesn’t make it impossible to do. As an fyi the OP also noted it was only and inch and a half lean. That easily could be overload on one side. Remember our sprinter chassis has a CC of only 1500 lbs. That number also has to include driver and passengers. Very easy to overload.

Plus I totally agree with you, the OP if he can’t find an issue on his own, should get it checked out
Databoy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 09:08 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Very easy to check - empty the compartments and cabinets of anything heavy on the passenger side.

The fresh and gray water tanks in a D are on the driver side - so if they are close to full, the driver side will have more weight.

The black tank is more in the middle of the coach and shouldn't impact side-to-side level.

On the driver side, there are only three exterior storage compartments. The large compartment under the galley window and the smaller compartment in the lower rear could hold some heavy items. The 3rd compartment is underneath the bathroom closet - and has a wooden floor - so it's unlikely that one could hold enough weight to have any noticeable impact on side-to-side balance.

Also don't believe you could put a lot of weight into any of the interior cabinets or drawers on that side of the coach - at least not enough to have any impact.

Seems more likely the problem is in the chassis - and something that should be checked before doing any long drives or trips.
Old 04-12-2022, 06:54 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Of course they’ve never heard of it…geez..

Watch this…

https://youtu.be/WKCnXjY_JJM
Winnebago is useless with chassis concerns. Funny that this video features a 2008 F53 - my 2009 Sightseer is a 2008 F53 chassis and has always, always leaned to the right. I've wanted to add the airbags for a while now.

Tags
view