Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-02-2018, 11:23 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Angry 2018 Forza. Washer

Anyone having problems with their 2018 Forza 36G Washer shaking uncontrollable? ��������. Made a a HUGE mistake buying it from Camping World. Left us out to hang. Winnebago Customer service response awful. Bought in November 2017. Still not rectified.
BCLCFORZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:07 PM   #2
Site Team

Have you checked with the Splendide people that manufacturer the unit?

Winnebago will tell you to take it to a dealer. If CW isn't to your liking, and for many they are not, can you find another dealer?

Unfortunately, unlike automobiles, "dealers" are supposed to honor warranty repairs, but Winnebago can't somehow make them competent. They're interested in selling RVs and warranty service isn't their main priority. I agree it should be, but that's just how it is INDUSTRY WIDE, not just Winnebago.

Don't give up on Winnebago Customer Service. Call back and talk to someone else or ask for a supervisor.

We have the stacked Washer/Dryer in our Adventurer. It works great. Of course, like every washing machine in the world an unbalanced or heavy load will make it shake horribly. However, we don't do any special load balancing and ours vibrates, but not shake uncontrollably.

I suggested contacting the manufacturer, which I find works much better in my experience. Perhaps they have a service center that specializes in issues such as yours. Or at least someone you can speak to in their CS dept.

Here's some place to start: Splendide Laundry Centers Customer Support Center

Here's some info from their Support Center:

Quote:
Excessive vibration during the spin cycle.

Possible Cause: The shipping screws and spacers are still installed.
Solution: Remove the Shipping Screws and Spacers.
View Shipping Screw and Spacer Removal PDF for models WD2100, WD2000S, WDC6200CEE & WDC5200 PDF (27k)

http://www.splendide.com/shipping_brackets.pdf

Possible Cause: The washer-dryer is not level.
Solution: The level of the washer-dryer should be checked periodically. Adjust the legs up or down to ensure the washer is resting solid and does not rock side-to-side or front-to-back.

Possible Cause: The washer-dryer is installed on carpet.
Solution: Install the washer-dryer on a solid, level surface.

Possible Cause: The load is too big.
Solution: Remove some items from the drum.
Apologies if you have a different brand. You didn't mention the brand and I know WBGO "usually" installs Splendide Washers and Dryers.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for replying. I should have mentioned it is a whirlpool washer and dryer stackable. So frustrated with Winnebago. I"ve called several times. Asked for a supervisor. I've also sent a video to Winnebago in April. They responded that they got my email, and would get back to me. STILL WAITING......
Old 07-02-2018, 01:43 PM   #4
Site Team

Why wait? Squeaky wheel/grease, etc.

WBGO builds the motorhome, but they don't build washer/dryers. Whirlpool is the ones that warranty the product. Have them send a service technician to your RV. Have you tried that route?
Old 07-02-2018, 01:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Yes. I was told that it should not have been mounted on a slide according to the washer/dryer manual.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #6
Site Team

Ours is in a slide. Works fine. It's not Whirlpool. Have they just told you that over the phone or in an email? I'd get the service people to come to the RV. It could be a defective unit. Or not installed correctly. But how are you going to know unless someone that knows how to work on the washer takes a look. Certainly a dealer doesn't know anything about servicing a washing machine.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Really appreciate your input. It's at another dealer now, and they have called in Whirlpool again. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. Good to know yours is on a slide. Just really looking forward to traveling real soon. Thank you
Old 07-02-2018, 02:47 PM   #8
Site Team

Hope you get this fixed. It sure can be frustrating. Working with a dealer you have to wait for them to fit you in, wait for them to look into the problem, wait for them to call Whirlpool, wait for someone from whirlpool service to get a look at the problem. Then if they feel it needs replaced you have to wait for authorization from Whirlpool and or Winnebago, then wait for the replacement to be shipped and wait for it to be installed.

In other words it's wait, wait, wait and wait some more.

I'm on my 5th RV. So, I decided to, whenever possible, to take things into my own hands and get it fixed. I try to always skip dealing with dealers and go straight to manufacturers. Well, for 3rd party systems anyway.

I had a few "winnebago" issues that only winnebago could address so I drove 1,200 miles to the factory and got everything fixed in a day and half. The last time I tried using a dealer I waited 2-months for an appointment. Waited another month while the dealer contacted the manufacturer and when I finally got the RV back the issue wasn't even fixed.

The joys of RV ownership.