Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2018, 11:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

2015 Tour 42qd Aqua Hot 450D

I can't find a subject title on Aqua Hot so here is what my problem WAS.

Last stop on the way home and disconnecting I noticed water dripping from underneath. Looked under and it was coming from the opening that the Aqua Hot exhaust pipe came through. Hey, next stop home - fix it then.

The long story is - about 4 days of off and on trouble shooting trying to figure where the leak was coming from especially since water seeks its own level.

The short story. All the water fittings are on the opposite side of the burner, which makes them next to the slide through compartment. To access there is about a 6 inch square hole in the wall going into the Aqua Hot compartment where all the fittings are. However, the hole is offset to the front of the compartment so reaching in and feeling around is for the contortionist. I can guarantee you that if I have to get back in there I'm cutting that opening to twice the size and more behind all the fittings. Then put a tin plate over the opening with self tapping screws.

Inside the compartment with all the fittings there are 4 black plastic fitting with raised edges like some of the garden hoses have. After all the other trouble shooting I found one that was not tight. It turned a good 1/4 inch or more to hand tight. Hand tight is all that is needed as there is a rubber gasket that makes the seal. If that gasket gets crimped by being to tight, well, out of luck the gasket needs to be changed.

Did I mention how small the hole is. Think about changing the gasket. Therefore the bigger hole. However, if it ever gets to that state go to the hardware store and get some stainless braided 1/2" fittings on each end and change the present hoses out and it should never leak again.

Thanks to Rudy Legett of Baytown, TX for all the verbal help he gave me over the phone.

No thanks to WBGO for putting the hole in the wrong place and making it small.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Glad you found the problem and was able to take care of it. The Aqua Hot is a complicated beast and manufacturers who make them hard to access should have their butts kicked.

Our Country Coach is the first coach we've had with Aqua Hot and I've done the annual service twice but have had mobile techs do the last three. In every case where a mobile tech has done the work, they told me they love doing them on Country Coaches since they are always pretty easy to access for service.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote