Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2009, 11:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2010 models now on Winnebago web site

Was checking just a little while ago and the 2010 models are now on the Winnebago web site. The were not on there a few hours previously.

Several interesting changes.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

They were on last night when I looked but only drawings - no photo's. Did have some specs and floorplans too.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

I was looking for Vectra & Horizon .... it looks like those models might have been dropped. Also absent from the lineup are Destination and Latitude.

I did see the new Journey and Meridian models added to the lineup.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

No Destination in 2010. I'm not keen on the floor plans of most of them, but the I guess that is why they have a wide spectrum of MH's. Also missing is the Vectra.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I noticed the smaller Journeys have the 2500 Allison.
Did the 2009 34y Have the Allison 3000? If so a better buy.
They are a little more swirly on their paint schemes.
Good to see Winnebago coming out with their new models and apparently a little more streamlined in their marketing.
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Looked at the website today. Interesting to see the changes.

> Looks like the Ellipse and Tour have been upscaled enough in terms of features to try and satisfy buyers who would have looked at Vectra and Horizon. Not pleased to see the lack of IFS, side radiator and what appears to be a genset not on a slide tray. All understandable from a cost reduction strategy and probably not a big deal for many buyers who, frankly, shop floorplan and give less thought to the mechanicals of the coach. The 42' with three roof airs....wonder if Winne did that on purpose (in recognition that their basement air units seem to have difficulty cooling larger coaches in hot weather), or was that a short-term fix until they figure out where to best locate basement air in that configuration.

> The Journey seems to also be upscaled a bit offering only two 40' floorplans. The Journey 'Express' seems to be the entry-level DP with 34' and 39' floorplans.

> Agree that the exterior color schemes are too 'swirly' for my tastes. If cost reduction is a goal, wonder why they don't use more subdued color schemes and limit it to only three colors. Again, their market data must indicate shoppers are looking for the more 'showy' features.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I heard that the move to 3 airs was there was not enough room for the basement air. The slide out or??
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #8
MrG
Winnebago Camper

Location: at exit 308 on I-65 between Huntsville and Birmingham
Basement AC only 24,000 btu capacity and cannot cool this size coach is the reason according to reps. Also this coach now has a thicker 7" roof.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

The Adventurer and Suncruiser now offer the Freightliner FRED as a chassis option. The Workhorse front diesel is also offered on some of the other gas models.

fishboat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:20 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Winnebago needs to go back to the classics, both in terms of floorplans and interiors (fabrics/colors/tones). They are trying too hard. Look at Tiffin. Sanity is there in most cases. IMHO.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

After looking at the 2010's on display here at WITStock, I agree with Thudman. Some of the floorplans are interesting at first glance, but aren't very practical for full or mostly full time living. The big joke here is the "salad bowl" in the bathroom (a large, white ceramic free-standing sink). Some of the exterior paint schemes are downright ugly, and cheapen the appearance. I don't see the advantage of the new 42' model; if they were going to make a longer coach I would have expected some type of imaginative floorplan (like the Allegro Bus with the two-sink rear bath). BTW, the first thing my wife and I noticed was the noise from the roof A/Cs; guess we're spoiled. Overall, the phrase "trying too hard" is spot on, and I'm disappointed not only in the new models but the high MSRPs.

Our blog
Keith K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

According to Winnebago engineering, all the diesel coaches made with engines produced after Jan 1, 2010 will have roof air! The new 2010 emission standards will be met by installing a large tank that injects a fluid into the exhaust and will require the space that the basement air now occupies! So if you want diesel and basement air you should start looking for a coach this year........
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:53 AM   #13
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAD View Post
The new 2010 emission standards will be met by installing a large tank that injects a fluid into the exhaust and will require the space that the basement air now occupies! ........
ROMAD, This is not going to be the case with the Vista / Sunstar Maxxforce7 equipped Workhorse front diesel chassis because they do not need to utilize "Urea." The Maxxforce7 engine achieves its emission compliance internally within the engine. You will not see a Urea tank on a vehicle badged Workhorse Clean Diesel.

Now whether or not Winnebago will still install roof airs on the Workhorse equipped motorhomes has yet to be seen.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Correct, Workhorse said they were going to use more EGR to meet the new standards. Like you, I am not sure if Winnebago will put roof air on these coaches. Much yet to be seen. Sure wish they would have had a Workhorse FRED to test drive for comparison ....
Old 07-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

I looked at the floorplans-- I do not like the front kitchen - it interrupts any conversation area.
Also agree with earlier posts -- the exterior colors are a little wild. We have really been spoiled by the basement air --sorry to hear that that is going away.
Guess I better start looking at left over 2009
jrtgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Darn,
That's why we have been looking at the Winnie's is on account of the basement air, not having them on the roof.

We are planning on going FT as soon as our property sells.

Wanda
dr.koolwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

The change away from basement air will come with 2010 models built with engines made as of 1 Jan 2010. Current 2010 models still have basement air. If you want basement air now is the time to get that new DP.