Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2008, 04:36 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tderonne:
4 35' coaches between them. Sure they cut some, but added 2 new ones, still a nice balance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "balance" is skewed very heavily towards 35' and under. They cut the large gas coaches and added smaller ones. Us retirees, that use our coach 6-8 months of the year, want coaches larger than 35'. At least in my circle of friends.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:37 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

I guess the other question who did Workhorse tick off? The class A gasers are on Ford's with Workhose as an option. Are they trying to drive people away????
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:17 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Us retirees... want coach larger than 35'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One thing I've noticed with gas models, on any mfr, they don't go over 40ft. It's like there's a barrier there. Not being knowledgeable about size vs engine, can someone tell me why gas engines are on the smaller coaches & diesels are on the large coaches?

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
Yes, but Winne is cutting way back on the 35+ foot front engined gas coaches. And that is where my interests lie.

-Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Tom, I know every one has different reasons for buying what they like. What is it about a front engine gas coaches that interests you. Is it maintenance issues, the hatred of diesel smell, price point, keep it simple philosophy? I am just curious.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:00 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

http://www.winnebagoind.com/products...floorplans.php

Anyone else notice that the 2009 Itasca Horizon 40TD has no shower or tub? Only the Vectra of the same floorplan has one.

I know these are preview "Sneak Peaks" but someone isn't paying attention at Winnie.

2004 Horizon 40AD
BucknJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:09 AM   #26
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BucknJeff:
Anyone else notice that the 2009 Itasca Horizon 40TD has no shower or tub? Only the Vectra of the same floorplan has one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That certainly is remarkable and it's one of the reasons why the folks at Winnebago and other OEMs are reluctant to release early on publications. I'm sure we are all enjoying these "Sneak Peeks" even if the accuracy at the moment isn't all that we know it will be.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:43 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimandsue60:

Hi Tom, I know every one has different reasons for buying what they like. What is it about a front engine gas coaches that interests you. Is it maintenance issues, the hatred of diesel smell, price point, keep it simple philosophy? I am just curious.

Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well maybe I'm cheap or thrifty but a 38'11" front engined gas coach on the W24 Workhorse chassis gave me the most bang for the buck.

Maybe I'm a traditionalist and believe a diesel belongs in the back and gas engine belongs in the front. The opposite has been tried in vehicles many times and have not been much of a success.

I was tempted to buy my next door neighbors '06 40' Allegro Bus w/5000 mi on it. He had it parked in my driveway all winter while we were in FL. But I resisted and a couple from CA flew in 2 weeks ago and bought it.

We traveled together and when parked next to each other I had the same as he had for ~$100,000 MSRP less. Actually when I bought my '05 Suncruiser he bought an '05 Horizon 40AD. We negotiated a 2 coach deal. Had the sales managers head spinning. He had lots of problems with the Horizon and traded it in 11 months later on a '06 Allegro Bus.

Email or PM me if you want to hear more.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:52 AM   #28
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BucknJeff:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/products...floorplans.php

Anyone else notice that the 2009 Itasca Horizon 40TD has no shower or tub? Only the Vectra of the same floorplan has one.

I know these are preview "Sneak Peaks" but someone isn't paying attention at Winnie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe it is the new Wet Bath where the whole bathroom is the shower, for the larger people in the world

Jim

Our Webpage
Old 05-13-2008, 05:55 AM   #29
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the info Tom, It is nice to have choices.

Jim

Our Webpage
Old 05-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #30
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimandsue60:
Maybe it is the new Wet Bath where the whole bathroom is the shower, for the larger people in the world... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think it comes down from the ceiling! I think we've seen stuff like this before!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:58 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Looks as if they finally updated the '09 Destination/Latitude with a newly designed front cap? Hopefully, they'll have them on display at the upcoming FMCA convention.
Explore America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:29 AM   #32
Winnie-Wise

Not being into big class A's anymore. But Winnebago is making our class C's bigger also. One reason many of us went to a class C was to go smaller. Like opur Aspect/ Cambria line.
They dropped the 26A and the 29H.
Now they are 28' and 30'

The 26A was a real big seller for Winnebago. Now they gone and messed it up. Many on our Aspect/Cambria yahoo web forum do not like there new line up.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Hey'Explore America',where did you find the updated front cap on new Destinations/Latitudes?I hope it's the Tour front cap,like on the'08 Aventurer Limited,that sure was a sweet coach!!

Workhorse W-22, UltraPower,496 cubic inches of
Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote