Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-25-2021, 09:50 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2007 Voyage 35A

I just put a deposit on a 2007 Voyage 35A with the Workhorse engine and chassis. The Dealer says they will go through it bumper to bumper and include new tires, new batteries, and ensure all systems are functioning properly. Any thoughts, comments, watchouts, or other information would be welcome.
Thanks.
Rochaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 11:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Not sure of the timeline on when to pick it up but I might throw in a suggestion to get as super familiar with the specific Rv you are getting BEFORE doing the pickup as that will let you know what and where to to look to check things are working as they should.
Many dealers do not know the unit when they show it to you and are way too prone to brushing off things not working as if that was normal. sometimes they don't know but others do cheat!

All Rv have some personal "quirks" in operation but how is your experience level with RV and motorhomes?

As a start, I think this will be the online owners manual for that unit and it will be super helpful if you look through it and spot any details you don' understand. One of the big flaws we see in shopping is not knowing what is expected and when the sales folks may be trying to blow their lack of knowledge as simply "normal".

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...7/07Voyage.pdf

If they can't get something to work, do not be too quick to accept the idea that the fault is the batteries are run down. Rundown batteries are often damaged batteries and that is not something you need to buy upfront.
If the slide won't go out, the steps won't come in or lots of those small points because they tell you it's normal for the batteries to be down, let them know you will come back when the batteries do hold a charge!

Knowledge is power so , study first and don't let their problems become your new problems.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 07:43 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I was told something similar a few years ago. Here is what I found on my used MH…

1. No brake or turn signal lights.
2. Bad leveling system controller.
3. Roof Cove seam failure. This from the people that put out this video >>> Roof Cove Maintenance for your RV (lichtsinn.com) Mine is older than yours, but I believe your Winnebago used the same system. This one is important. Winnebago recommends checking every 6 months. Don’t do it and you could lose the fiberglass skin covering your roof.
4. Brake caliper recall not done, even after the Lichtsinn salesman told me that all recalls would be done before I took delivery. I later found this out the hard way in the middle of a trip.
5. 3 year old new tires. I guess that you would call this new old stock. BTW, Goodyear recommends discarding tires after 10 years from the date of manufacturing no matter how they were used or stored.
6. Old tire valves and valve extenders reused with the “new” tires. This resulted in a leak a couple of years down the road.
7. And an assortment of bad switches and light bulbs.

The bottom line…you check the function of everything before you take delivery if you expect the dealer to make it right. Of course, the best time would have been before you signed the contract. They may fix it later, but their incentive will be gone and the timeframe will be measured in months.

Tags
voyage