Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-14-2021, 06:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2005 Winne Adventurer 38J Fresh Water Draining

Good evening Everyone, I am having a problem with my fresh water slowly draining out of the inch and a half pvc pipe underneath the middle of my motorhome. When I pull the fresh water drain lever near my water pump the fresh water start aggressively flowing from the inch and a half pvc drain pipe but when I push the lever back in the water still slowly comes out. Can anyone help please. Thanks everyone!
gregadventur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:32 PM   #2

I think I know what you mean.

You can't fill your fresh water tank with a leaking valve. Is that right?

This happened to me, and mine is a Valtera "knife valve" just like the black and grey water drains. So that makes sense.

If your fresh water drain is accessible you can try spraying it with a rubber lubricant... not WD-40. That may free it up enough for you to get he valve closed so you can leave it that way until you replace it.

I also recommend something about Valtera making different rubber o-rings. There is an "old part number" and a "new part number" but the shop will not be able to tell you which on you have. Maybe Winnebago can if you call them with your serial number. Otherwise, you can by both types and return the one you don't use, or you can remove your worn pieces (that sandwich the knife) and take these to the RV store to get the right size.

* The old and the new parts look a lot alike so look closely at the difference.

Note: You might also find your wire casing is dry and that you can spray with a lubricant of your choice. It's just a solid metal wire inside a casing that if mounted down tight. So you also need to adjust it so it closes the valve all the way.

TIP: Don't leave your RV in storage with this valve open. The rubber will dry out and you may not be able to close it when come pick up your RV in 6-8 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Valtera 1.5in Blade Valve (2004 Itasca Horizon).jpg
Views:	49
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	178863   Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Drain 1  (2004 Itasca Horizon) 1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	178864  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Drain Pieces   (2004 Itasca Horizon) 1.jpg