Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2021, 10:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2005 Itasca Suncruiser Hydraulic Pump

the sliders went out and the tech said it needs a new motor/pump. Does anyone know where it is located and is it something I should attempt to replace myself or bring it to the dealer and pay BIG $$$

Also is there a way to manually open and close the sliders on this unit?

Many thanks!
Timberlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I can refer you to a bit of info but then there are lots of things that go into the question of DIY.
This is the drawing for your Rv group but it needs a look at which Suncruiser you might have:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
To find the pump, look at the "exterior slideout group" and on the one I looked at, the pump was on page 117. But that may not be the specific RV you have!! Some are combo pumps with the leveling system and just behind the drivers side front wheel.

Low fluid can make the pump "fail" to pump, so worth knowing the level is good.

But the first question when somebody tells me a pump is out, is what that means.

Your hydraulic slides will have lots of small parts that fail much more often than the pump, so be aware that a quick answer may cost you a lot more than a good answer might!!

There are switches, wires, fluid, hoses and lots of small valves involved in most hydraulic systems and many of those fail before the motor which turns the pump. They may be giving you the correct answer or they may just make a ton of money when they tell you they have fixed the pump when it was only a wire broken.

Can you fix it? That is a totally loaded question with lots of different answers for different people. I would first want to know which part of the system has stopped.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 06:35 PM   #3
Old Journey

Hydraulic Pump

You did not say if the pump spins or not. First make sure you have power to the pump when you use the slideout . Use a volt meter on the wires. if you don't you have a wire or a switch problem. If you do have power then you most likley have a bad pump. There are many reasons for the pump to go bad. Low fluid, slide hanging up, bad lines and check valves. I would check a nearby hydraulic shop, they can check it. They will most likely be cheaper. I have been through this, the hydraulic shop near me fixed mine for me. Also if you do it yourself good luck finding parts. I have used this site before. Ships slowly but they know RVs https://usedrvparts.visonerv.com/cgi...-partingout.pl Good luck
Large Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 07:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for posting the link to the parts list. That's GOLD!

Tags
hydraulic, itasca, suncruiser