Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-24-2021, 09:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

1st Winnie - 2017 Vista 35XL

2017 Vista 35XL, leaning as I go, been struggling with the entertainment center above front cab , where do you plugin a dvd ? Why wont any of the 3 tvs let me move input source ? Why cant you get to back side of any of the tvs? Then I cant find any information on any of this! Im sure theres a reason fir this setup, WHAT IS IT? HELP
Quickuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:08 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi and welcome.

Winnebago makes many different motorhomes with many different entertainment systems. If you can detail what you have with names and photos then many of us can help provide into. Otherwise you'll have to wait until a 2017 Vista 35LX (It's LX not XL) owner comes along.

I looked up your Operator's Manual. Section 8 is for Entertainment System and it has all the info on how things work.

Look like you have what Winnie owners call a "BOMB" - short for Box of many buttons.

Here's a link to your Operator's Manual. Just click on the Entertainment in the side bookmarks of the PDF:

https://www.winnebago.com/Admin/Publ...16Vista_LX.pdf

It shows an optional DVD player in your "radio/CD" player and sometimes the radio in the dash has a CD/DVD slot. When the vehicle is in Park and the Parking Brake set it will show video from one (or both) of those DVD players.

To attach a Blueray or DVD player separately I think you connect it to an AUX input on the back of the BOMB - but I have no experience with the BOMB so others will have to help you with that.

Winnebago likes to make their own TV mounts in house and they are generally over engineered metal plates. You have to get behind the wall or cabinet they are mounted to and then unscrew the mounting plate before you can move the TV.
Old 10-24-2021, 02:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

For getting to the back of the TV, it may have different methods but one I know about may help??

There is often a metal plate attached to the back of the TV andthen there are metal brackets mounted to the wall. At the bottom the metal on the TV often slides down into a "lip of the wall metal and then the TV is tilted back toward the wall and a metal lip added at the top to hold hte TV from tilting forward.

Kind of crude drawing as you might see from the side? possible to use a long screwdriver to remove the top screw and wall metal bracket, tilt TV forward and lift up to remove?

A screwdriver with magnetic tip is good for putting the screws back into the top plate without them going South for the winter!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	181168  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 03:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Pretty sure we have the the bomb, its overhead above passengers seat, its mounted solid and can't see wires going in back. But basically it has many buttons which are divided up for the three tvs, example dvd,antenna, cable, ect. Now I did put a dvd in the indash radio and it started to play audio only, now if you put a TV on channel 3 it will play and on any tv , So do I have to have ignition on every time i want to watch a dvd. And get out of bed to turn it off? Theres got to be more that I have yet to figure out. Dang
Old 10-24-2021, 03:29 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quickuc, there should be a button on your dash below the radio that allows you to power it either from the chassis batteries or from the house batteries. No need to have the ignition on to watch a DVD.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 09:54 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Your right has a funny symbol that could be a radio, ill see what happens. Thanks
Old 10-25-2021, 09:58 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Your right, many different styles , I've read several Manuel's and how to articles, but just not enough to meet my needs.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:50 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickuc View Post
Your right has a funny symbol that could be a radio, ill see what happens. Thanks
Do you have an Operator's Manual? This is detailed in section 3:10.

I put a link a few posts above to the online PDF of your Operator's Manual if you don't have one or if yours is not readily to hand.

Here's the info on the Radio switch on your dash from the Operator's Manual:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 11.48.08 AM.png
Views:	43
Size:	1,006.0 KB
ID:	181172