Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2008, 05:59 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I got the distinct feeling that I was on the Winnebago forum and not the Tiffin forum! Chuck/Bagman57. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
CHUCK: This thread is running in BOTH the Tiffin and Winnebago forums. It is called "short cutting" and is done when the topic may have interest and participation in more than one location. Shortcutting is a moderator's tool to be used in lieu of "moving" a post to another location. ED
Old 08-04-2008, 06:00 AM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

. Go thru the factory tour and watch the video about places in the factory that you can't go.[/quote]

Wait a minute: "Can't Go?"

Go to the Tiffin Factory and there isn't any place you "can't go." As a matter of fact, if you order one of their units, the minute the chassis goes on production line, your allowed to follow along on the day by day process until it comes off the finished end of the line. In between you can ask all the questions you want of the workers with accurate answers to know every bit and part that is placed on YOUR new unit.

Just want to make a clarification on what you can do at the Tiffin Factory and many Tiffin owners do make the tour.

Marty
Marty too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:34 AM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

Please forgive us for we are just getting use to how all this posting, reply,etc works! We are very greatful for all the info! This is very informative and we appreciate everyone of the responses! Great info a wealth of experiece for sure. We want to make a good choise and all this input will help us along the way. Thanks again and I hope you all don't mind if we keep asking questions as we progress.
linda & john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by linda & john:
Please forgive us for we are just getting use to how all this posting, reply,etc works! We are very greatful for all the info! This is very informative and we appreciate everyone of the responses! Great info a wealth of experiece for sure. We want to make a good choise and all this input will help us along the way. Thanks again and I hope you all don't mind if we keep asking questions as we progress. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ask any and all questions at any time. As others have said, a motorhome is usually expensive and they all, regardless of manufacturer, require periodic tweaking and repairs. You can certainly minimize the chance of making a costly mistake by asking questions of the very helpful folks on these forums.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Hi Linda & John,

We are the proud owners of a 2008 Winnie Sightseer 29 R. We have had trailers most of our married lives. This is our very first MH.

We looked at everything for over a year, and we always came back to the Winnebago brand. We needed a smaller MH because we have only a small yard to keep it in.

We absolutely love the floor plan, and I think the interior is gorgeous. I don't know what all of this entry level stuff is, but I'll put my Winnie up against anyone's MH.

As for how they are built, we thought, and still think they were very well made. There are lots of little things that you notice on our MH that are missing on others.

Our dealer was great, and we only had a few things that needed checking on after a few trips. Everything was taken care of to our satisfaction. The staff couldn't have been nicer to us.

This is what we wanted after the sale, someone who would still be there to help and answer questions. We even called the factory techs to clear up some questions, and I couldn't believe how responsive everyone was.

Yes, you do get what you pay for.

Good Luck to you both.

Winnie SS '08
Winnie SS '08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

You have some questions to consider.
Number of passengers.
Length of trips.
Style of travel, drive RV a lot or drive less and day trip more.
Tow or not.
New or used.
Your budget/price range
Look at a bunch of MHs to decide floorplan
preference and features.
Good local repair of the brands you are considering.

Maybe consider your priorities to cut down the list of considerations.
Good luck. Be sure decision makers all are happy, it'll keep you from looking/wishing at coaches in oncoming traffic.
Things do change, including your RVing desire, so you might make a different decision after a few years.

'04 Meridian 36G
JonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:12 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
If I could buy whatever I wanted, it would be the gorgeous 2007 Adventurer here at a local RV dealer. It's brown with burgundy striping and the interior was decorated just for me. But at $100k, I'd be making payments and I don't want to make payments. I like not having to worry about any bills!!! But gosh, it's gorgeous. It's definitely my RV of choice.