Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-08-2022, 04:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

1999 Adventurer Speaker Question

I have a 1999 - I am in the process of replacing the speakers and radio.

The speakers in the dash - simple - 4x6s.

The rear cab speakers... There is a 4" and 6" - a pair on each side.

I only get audio from the radio to one of them.

What is the other for? I read the manual - I thought maybe the TV? But I don't have the 'deluxe' speaker switch...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5149.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	184364   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5148.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	184365  

Name:	IMG_5147.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	184366   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5153.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	184367  

Old 10-09-2022, 01:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Found these in the wiring diagram:

CK/TL
CL/TL

I can't figure out where they would run to?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	speakers.png
Views:	33
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	184375   Click image for larger version

Name:	speakers2.png
Views:	31
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	184376  

Old 10-09-2022, 04:31 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Two or three big clues to sort things.
One is the label that you may find on the wires.

Name:	f wire id.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	184377

This will then be "decoded"on this list:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

This can give you the from and to of that wire!

Looking at the drawing you give, see the wire ID next to the plugs and also at the speakers? LA, LC ,etc? That can give you a start on what the wire does and where it might go.

Then if you need to chase it back further on the drawings, the info of where that plugs "mate" is located on the drawings is in the small print to the left of
the plug on this drawing.

Using the same set of drawings where you found these, it shows to find a mating plug on sheet 4 and where E and 8 would cross like reading a paper map?
This finding the exact spot on the other pages can get tricky because there are often several sheets in a set and we have to mentally think of them as laid side by side. So if you want something like sheet 6, there are often several pages showing sheet six in the lower right corner! To find the correct one, like if you want E and 16, your page may only go as high as 8, so you need to find the next page with 9 and up across the top!

Name:	wire.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	184378

These speaker wires seem to have far more connections/mating plugs than most things, so it looks like there are speakers in several locations with these same four wires running to at least four places on the drawings and likely in the RV?
Don't let it tripyou if the wire ID is somewhat "off" in the description as they are kind of loose on what they call things at times.

The drawings also give you the wire gauge and color to help when the labels are messed up and you can't read them!

When you need to know where the wire may be located on/in the RV, going to the " installation" drawings can help. They are hard to follow the lines at times but may tell things like it runs downthe windsheild column or something that helps.

See if that helps and shout back if needed?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 05:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I'm guessing it's this TV jack...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	speakers3.png
Views:	28
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	184379  
Old 10-09-2022, 05:57 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I'm not sure what I'm looking at in the second picture here?

Name:	cab.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	184380
Is this looking overhead at the cab area? If that is correct, we might need to check that we are looking at the correct year, etc as it doesn't seem to match what the drawing shows for the front speakers???
Lookslike it should be a TV and a radio speakerand they are over the passengerseatnexttothe door??
I'm I confused at what the picture shows or do we need to check for different drawings?

This drawing seems to show the front speakers, without the deluxe option, as being speakers under the dash?

Name:	speakers.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	184381

Sorry, hard to relate the drawings to the RV without being able to look at both!
This can get confused if there are early builds and then changes made on a later build in the same year, even though they do not show a different set.
There are often 1999 year RV built on a 98 year chassis, so when we want brake pads we use one year and when we want RV body parts we have to use a different year!!@

Check me on looking at the right year, etc???
Old 10-09-2022, 06:59 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Those are the speakers above (pointing down) the recliner. Near the side door.
Sk8Surfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 07:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Okay, looks better that way!
What I think this is telling you is that those wires you have in the picture will go to a four pin plug that is in the cabinet over the couch. Possibly need to pry out the bottom of a compartment there? I often find the bottom is a double layer of thin plywood stapled together and they use the space as a wire run, so if we need to get to that plug, we can gently tease the bottom of the inside cabinetup and find the wires!

When chasing the parts of the drawings back to several plugs, it seems to show they all come together in that spot?? When chasing this, are you looking at the TV or the radio wiring?
Before taking the cabinet floor out, I might try doing some continuity testing to see if each wire set gets from the speaker at one place to another set of speakers and then only chase the one I find open. I'm thinking it is all just one set of wires connected together and then to radio or Tv output at some point without any switch,etc.??
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	couch.jpg
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	184382  
Old 10-09-2022, 09:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

That makes sense - but even if I find this plug - I need to go further (the the beginning)

LA/LC on that plug work - they run to the stereo. Which works fine.

The question is would Winnebago wire up speakers- (a 4” and 6”) for radio AND Tv if the deluxe speaker option wasn’t added?

I’m thinking I need to find the TV plug that I posted above? Which one would think would be somewhere behind the tv?

I’m trying to find the ends of the TV run (guessing the plug) to maybe co figure my own TV audio output…. Or - bypassing that altogether and just wiring the 4” and 6” in parallel for the stereo…
Old 10-10-2022, 07:44 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Take a look at page six of this drawing for matching what RV you have and see as it seems to get into what "series"??? Any idea if you have series G,L, M, etc?
Is "series"a different chassis group? Not gone there in any past chases!

I followed this link to get from main electrical drawings to to this drawing:
TV/VCR, Front Wiring Install

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...999/128581.pdf

You will want to find option bubble 20F for deluxe sound-not and this page shows that 20F at top left. Also there are drawings further down that seem to show much more the overall layout.
Maybe some help if not gotten to that set yet? Looks like that plug is on the TV back??

Tags
adventurer, vent