Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2019, 06:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

1995 31ft brave value?

My Winnie has 50k on it. 31ft.

Because of divorce I moved and it won't fit in new property.

Everything works no leaks, but has outer delamination. What do you all think it is worth?
Hauntedz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

That's going to be a toughie as the market will vary so much, not only location, time of year and who happens to be shopping that day. If it is in one of the retirement areas where older folks die and leave the RV, the price may not be much.
What it is worth has to be a combo of how much others want it versus how much you want to get rid of it! Sounds like a good time to bite the bullet and get rid of it before it costs you more to store it than it is worth.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Well I understand. Here is not a retirement place. I'm thinking to ask $3800 obo. Based on nice ones range from what 7k-10k. This one doesn't leak yet and the structure feels solid but of course problems may be coming due to the delamination. And the fact that there aren't any around my area I have seen for sale for less than 5k.
Hauntedz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauntedz28 View Post
Well I understand. Here is not a retirement place. I'm thinking to ask $3800 obo. Based on nice ones range from what 7k-10k. This one doesn't leak yet and the structure feels solid but of course problems may be coming due to the delamination. And the fact that there aren't any around my area I have seen for sale for less than 5k.
That is often where we need to know the local market and also know what level of speed of selling we want. Reason for me to not be able to state even a ballpark price is the way I see the market differ so much. Some places, there is a lot of open space for campers and very little in the way of rules, so folks buy campers as an alternative to standard housing, put it on a plot and half a dozen people may live in it. The price may be much better there. Other places, the rules are more toward not allowing that and folks want a much more "upscale" item and won't do much looking at one with any age.
If one is not needing to sell quickly and you see prices in the five thousand range, there is no harm in offering it up at a higher price than you are actually expecting to get and you may get lucky.
I never know if I've priced things right, even after it sold but I'm often just relieved to be rid of things as I can get more money easier than I can recover from too much worry!
Best of luck on the sale!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:48 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

You might also think about 'hunters' ...in my area on the Eastern Shore of MD there are a lot of old campers 'parked in the woods'. 'Seems to me there'd be a market for something that was movable. But, seeing what many put up with, I doubt they would spend much. Good luck. Sorry about the divorce.

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Here in the Tampa Florida Market Low Retail from a Dealer for the 1995 Brave on either gas or Diesel chassis is $8,550 so around $5,000 private sale however with noticeable de-lamination you could be looking at $3,500 or less.

You can start here, select the model you have and enter your zipcode to get the NADA book values and lower the price to about 2/3 whats listed there for a private sale and then adjust for the delam issues.

https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/1995/Winnebago

Your market could show the same, lower or potentially higher. Asking is not getting and most when they see issues will naturally go for lower so your asking needs to be moderately higher without scaring away buyers so their lower will not be too absurd.

One should note that Winnebago had major problems where the de-lamination would be toward the middle to back of the coach near the rear wheels where the cross brace goes across which is visible from inside the rear compartments. The cross brace which looks like a somewhat corrugated panel tends to crack where it goes over the frame rails causing the entire rear of the coach to sag sometimes creating a hump in the floor inside the coach along with some level of delam in both the sidewalls and often the floor just forward of the hump. You may also note that the wall between the salon and the master bedroom may be pressing more tightly against the ceiling when this starts to occur.

Anyone considering one of these coaches from the 1990's before they came out with the wide body models really needs to inspect this structural member in the basement compartment with a very bright light.

Tags
brave