Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-01-2018, 08:24 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

12v cigarette type plug not working

Hello just purchased a 2004 Winnebago 24' minnie and can not figure out why the two 12v cigarette style plugs in the overhead for the tv do not have voltage. All other 12v lights etc in the rv work. There is no 110v plug in this cabinet in which to plug a tv into. Thanks in advance for your help.
alan
alanmay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:05 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
are you referring to the female or male ends? and how are you determining there is no power?

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 03:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Page 3 of the TV/VCR, Side Wiring Installation diagram for the 2004 Minnie W324F & W324V shows both the side TV and VCR to have 12V power plugs which plug into a 2-outlet 12V wallplate as shown on page 4.

Page 13 of the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram for those coaches shows the socket wiring on the right hand side at location C-1 & C-2. Power to those sockets comes from the wire labelled EX, described in the Wiring Identification Guide as:
EX / 14 YEL TELEVISION POWER SWITCH TELEVISION WALL PLATE
Tracing this wire back through the diagrams shows it connecting to a 'TV SWITCH' which can be seen on page 3 (location C-5) of the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Installation diagram for these coaches. Detail CK on the next page shows the switch.

I suspect that you need to turn on that switch.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Switch for tv

Thanks for the info but I do not have the said wiring diagram. So maybe you can tell me where the switch is. Thanks Alan
Old 04-01-2018, 07:04 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmay0 View Post
Thanks for the info but I do not have the said wiring diagram. So maybe you can tell me where the switch is. Thanks Alan
The underlined text in my post are links to the various documents on Winnebago's website. You should be able to click on them to see the docs.

The switch appears to be on the underside of the cabinets over the window, below where the TV is.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

TV 12v not working

Sorry I was reading your reply on my phone and it did not show the underlined post. I have the 24F model 2004 Minnie and it has the movable satellite on the roof. Inside the slide up door where the tv was there is some sort of a power switch to this satellite which has a green lite on of switch in a normal size 110 v receptacle. I remember flipping on this toggle type switch, which lit the green light inside the switch, and the roof mounted satellite moved. Now when I toggle on and off this switch the green light does not come on and the satellite does not move.

It may be that this switch has something to do with the tv 12v receptacles not working. Maybe there is a fuse somewhere that protects this satellite switch. There is no 110 outlet inside the tv cabinet just the two 12v receptacles.

Thanks for your replies.

Any further help will be appreciated

alan
Old 01-01-2020, 07:59 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to all it was the fuse