Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2004, 02:58 AM   #41
Winnebago Master

Kiwi, I understand your comments, but you have to understand that WIT is a Winnebago/Itasca club. If you don't own one then your elegibility to belong doesn't exist. I know it seems hard but if you don't have the marbles you can't play. I am a member but have not joined a local chapter nor have I gone to any of their events. Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 04:19 AM   #42
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ichn2go:
Kiwi, I understand your comments, but you have to understand that WIT is a Winnebago/Itasca club. If you don't own one then your elegibility to belong doesn't exist. I know it seems hard but if you don't have the marbles you can't play. I am a member but have not joined a local chapter nor have I gone to any of their events. Good Miles <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I understand, but as we choose where to invest our time and energy, we may decide to choose a more open group like FMCA. We both work now and really don't have a lot of time for club stuff, but perhaps in the future.
Walt
Old 12-14-2004, 02:53 PM   #43
Winnebago Camper

I'm a member, never attend anything, dealer gave me the first year free, with road/towing etc, I renewed for 3 more years because of the discount on Roadside assistance package.

Bruce
Old 12-15-2004, 03:49 AM   #44

This topic surprises me, I have been following it since May of 2003 and there have been more then 2300 hits and more then 40 replies. And it's still kicking.
The original question was, "how many WIT members use this site"? Well from the number of vehicles Winnebago produces each year, the answer would be, NO TO MANY. The ones you read hear are the old die hards with new members coming on board daily. It really surprises me that more folks don't come here first before they buy a coach, to get some very good insight into what may be the biggest depreciating expense of their lifetime.

Tomcat F15
"A wise man in one who learns from the mistakes of others, a foolish man is one who makes the same mistakes as others."
Old 12-16-2004, 04:41 AM   #45
GG1
Winnie-Wise

wow, it sounds like someone is upset
Old 12-16-2004, 05:45 AM   #46
Winnebago Owner

I was a member of WIT, I dropped it this year to join FMCA, better magazine, same discounts lots of great info on their WEB site.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:23 PM   #47

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bflem:
Everyone should attend the WIT Grand National Rally at least once at Forest City. There are over 1600 electric sites.There are at least 20 seminars dailey covering every aspect of Winnebago's and a lot of vendors are there to assist with problems with their products. The Winnebago Surplus store has bargins on everything from small screws to furniture.

bflem Springfield,Mo. Juno Beach,Fl. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-18-2004, 03:27 PM   #48

bflem:
I've been looking for the dates of the WIT Grand National Rally in Forrest City. CAn you tell me the dates for this year? I don't see it listed in the callendar of events.
Thanks....
Old 12-18-2004, 06:00 PM   #49
cwg
Winnebago Camper

The dates this year according to the December issue are July 17-22, 2005. We attended our first Grand National this year and really enjoyed it. The week before was fun too. Going back to see the many new friends we met.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 04:30 AM   #50
Winnebago Owner

Forest city should be jumping place this summer for the GNR. The week before the GNR, July 9 - 17 is there Sesquicentennial.

2000 Itasca 35U
N8XV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 04:55 PM   #51
Winnebago Watcher

We too

Dwight and Betsy Lilly
Tucson, Az.
2004 40AD Vectra
mrwacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 05:07 PM   #52
Winnebago Camper

We are members of WIT - been to one state rally and last April did the WIT San Antonio Fiesta. We had a great time talking to other members about our Winnies of all sizes. We also have met some other WIT members in our travels. Since we use their roadside service, joining WIT was necessary.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:56 AM   #53
Winnebago Camper

Not being the "joining of a group" types, we met WIT members from NE PA at the RV show in Allentown, PA. They invited us to their friendship rally in April - we went, and joined the group. We were already WIT members, just not associated with any regional group. That was 4 years ago. I have been secretary of the group 2 years now and enjoy it very much. The group is Keystone Winnies, NE PA group, centered around the Allentown area. Our camping takes us to different areas April thru November, different members taking hosting duties for each month. This group is pretty much a "retired" group. We still work yet make the effort to go to all our camping weekends-what is the sense of having a MH if you can't get out and enjoy! We consider this group our "extended family" - we couldn't ask for better friends! We have had WIT travelers from other areas passing through join us for weekends and enjoy our group so much. It is all in the people of the group - if you aren't compatable with the group, try another one. It is a great experience and one incident shouldn't deter anyone from trying to find a WIT group to join. Read through the WIT book and see the activities the groups get involved with - it is worth your effort. Anyone in the Allentown PA area should come out to the RV Show at AG Hall/Allentown Fairgrounds Jan. 7-9th. All Season's RV will be there as will members of Keystone Winnies-we'll even be there on Saturday! Be sure to stop by and say "Hi"! Groups are only as good as their members - and ours are great! Keep searching for that "right" group and you will have a wonderful experience, I promise. Happy travels- Lorraine

'01 Journey DL 36GD CAT330
Squirrely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:22 AM   #54
Winnebago Owner

Just received our new WIT book yesterday. Planning on going to the rally. The price sure is cheap. I guess Winny pays most of the bill. I guess it is built into the price of the coach.
New to all of this so should be a good time and should learn alot also.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:21 AM   #55

To WIT members:

Don't get distracted at your first couple of meetings, or you could wind up like me. I joined a group, and was attending my third meeting, which also happened to be an election meeting. One of my "friends" nominated me for president, another seconded, and another motioned for nominations to close. I was elected President before even knowing what was going on.

Fortunately, there are a couple of old "friends" in the club, one of which I have known since high school (~50 yrs). All in the group are very congenial people, and there is no lack of support at any activity.

In Feb. we will be meeting at the River View RV Park in Vidalia, LA, right on the banks of the Mighty Mississippi River, and just across from Natchez, MS. Anyone in the area who might be interested in knowing what WIT does, and looking for a group to join, I highly recommend ours.

The following link will take you to our website. After bowsing the other areas, click on the "camping schedule" link on the right side of the homepage to check out our 2006 schedule.

http://home.earthlink.net/~labayouwi...innies_002.htm
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:17 AM   #56
Winnebago Owner

How can I get any info on wit club in cape cod area as my profile states I live in New bedford mass which is new england and they call us the south coast.
Thanks

Mark & Joanne
2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Purchased used 8/05
Old 12-17-2005, 06:20 AM   #57
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark Bento:
How can I get any info on wit club in cape cod area as my profile states I live in New bedford mass which is new england and they call us the south coast.
Thanks

Mark & Joanne
2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Purchased used 8/05 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Winnebago State Chapters List

Found this too.....interesting.

Winnebago Net-Wits Club

"NETWITs is the Winnebago-Itasca Travelers Computer Club - a special interest club of the Winnebago-Itasca Travelers (WIT). NETWITs is made up of WIT members who enjoy computer operations within the Internet and e-mail cyberhighways. NETWITs also provide WIT members with rapid communication capability through a membership e-mail list and maintains this site for general information and for linking to other WIT information.
Membership in NETWITs is open to any owner of a Winnebago Industries Manufactured Motorhome (RV) and who is a member in good standing of the parent WIT club."
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:26 AM   #58
Winnebago Owner

quote:"Ouch, a local club cannot even "allow" members who were former Winnie owners to continue membership. That kind of "purity" makes me squemish.
We also joined FMCA -- they are open to all Motorhome owners. I like that better."

So what happens to your FMCA membership when you trade your motorhome for a fifth wheel?
Old 12-17-2005, 06:27 AM   #59
Administrator Emeritus

Winnebago special interest clubs

All kinds of hobby clubs....
Old 12-17-2005, 06:31 AM   #60
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CalTex:
quote:"Ouch, a local club cannot even "allow" members who were former Winnie owners to continue membership. That kind of "purity" makes me squemish.
We also joined FMCA -- they are open to all Motorhome owners. I like that better."

So what happens to your FMCA membership when you trade your motorhome for a fifth wheel? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the FMCA web site....

Full/Family (F) membership
Full/Family (F) membership is open to any person or family owning at least one-third interest in a qualifying motor coach. This is a self-propelled, completely self-contained vehicle that contains all the conveniences of a home, including cooking, sleeping, and permanent sanitary facilities. In addition, the driver's seat must be accessible in a walking position from the living quarters.