Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2003, 02:17 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Driver what a great idea. We joined WIT a couple of years ago and connected with a very active local chapter that we enjoy. Just attended a Southwest Conference in Nevada with vendor seminars,new rigs on site, lots of activitiies & met many new folks. We would recommend anyone to take a look.

Jan(janny) & Don
2002 32V Adventurer,Ford w/2003 Saturn
See you all in Nashville!

2002 Adventurer 32V Ford
janny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 06:54 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Got another happy WIT member here! We have belonged since 2001 when we got our first Winnie! We love our Winnebago coach! Loved our 35U Adventurer also. We wanted to go to the Forest City rally but we are going to the Michigan Upper Loop this summer and taking 3 weeks. Still haven't managed to get to the full-time status YET! Working on that though as hard as we can! Getting rid of stuff and getting ready. Plan to have my first taste of Forest City Grand National Rally next year for sure...We had seventeen coaches at our last get together with our local club. They do look great! Happy trails everyone! Anne
Full - Timin' Wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 02:36 PM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

We have been members of WIT for 8 years and have made wonderful friends all over the country and have enjoyed Grand National twice. We were members of Georgia and Florida WIT until last month when we resigned from all WIT sate and local chapters in Georgia. I have requested they stop flying the Condererate battle flag as our State flag, it hasn't been for over a year. The leadership refused and we left the State Rally after my wife and I each gave workshops one on safety and yoyr motorhome and hers on traveling with children. We also were the hosts froan afternoon cookout, we served 210 people and my wife was a paid vendor. We are active an committed to the organization, but racist overtones have no place in a nationally sponsored organization. I complained to Forest City and in their usual, we don't get involved in local issue commentaries, they suggested we stay and change the system. We opted to leave in the middle. We never did comment on the 1/2 dozen coaches that flew their Conderate flags from their coach, they have a right to express themselves. But an organization that is not sensitive to issues of our times and permits a non state flag to fly next to US flag is one that I do not truly endorse. We still remain members of our Florida group.

Steve Bloom
00 Advantage
Atlanta

04 MADP 4301
Steve Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 02:39 PM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

Sorry for the typos, but this thread raised the BP again :-) I'll check spelling I promise.

Steve Bloom
00 Advantage
Atlanta

04 MADP 4301
Steve Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 03:53 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Steve,
I salute you for not only standing by your principles, but acting upon them, too. Many people are either unaware or don't care about the segregationist sentiment associated with the confederate flag, and the hurt it causes.

Dan Cogan
Old 06-03-2003, 10:17 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

We joined as soon as we got our Adventurer and went to a "local" Wit weekend. Very nice.
We will be fulltiming soon and just decided to make the GNR our first stop!!!(Nova Scotia will have to wait!)
Can't wait to go to the goodies store although we have done very well in the "additional purchase" department already just to get ready for fulltiming!!!
We know from past years that going to rallies is a very worthwhile thing to do to pick up lots of tech. info from fellow RV ers.
Cruzer are you going? would love to meet you in real life!

This forum is almost as good!!!!!

ELLEN

Life is an Adventure.
Soon to be fulltime!!!

Winnebago 2003 Adventurer 33V V10. Banks Powerpack, Davis Trackbar.
2000 Subaru Forester

Adventurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 11:01 AM   #27
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adventurous:
.....We know from past years that going to rallies is a very worthwhile thing to do to pick up lots of tech. info from fellow RV ers.
Cruzer are you going? would love to meet you in real life! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, we'll be boondocking in the Beartooth Mountains around that time just prior to spending a week in Yellowstone. I wouldn't mind seeing the national rally and soaking up more tech info but the west is calling me and there's only so much time left to see everything we want to as a family. Next year I get to climb Mount Saint Helens with my son as well as a bunch of other western trips (it seems we always go west ) so I doubt if the timing will be right for next year's rally because that's a 25 day June/July trip.

Eventually we'll be able to spend lots of time on the road and ease our schedule but I still have another 10 years to work before I can do that.

Mark & Leann Quasius
2003 Suncruiser 33V - Workhorse 20
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 04:23 AM   #28

We (my wife and I) joined WIT right after getting the new Brave. So far, the only info we've received is an identification plate, and a magazine listing all of the rallies nation wide.

We live in a rural area, and "clubs" are typically found in larger, more urban areas of our state. They are much too far for us to drive for meetings, etc.

Unless I'm overlooking some valuable asset to membership, we will likely not renew after current membership expires.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:13 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

We are members I guess, (not to a local club), just WIT, my dealer paid the first year, and I re-up for 3 more, some disount on Emerency Road Service if I remember right. That was (is) the only reason we joined.

Not much (big) on group things, such as making reservations on anything, and being there at a specified date and time.

Things changed after a 3 month trip to Alaska, did not make one "reservation" on the whole trip, NO PROBLEMS, doing the same today. We left May 1st, 2002, returned to Minnesota August 1st, 2002.

Since I retired, we don't travel on saturday/sunday or Holidays,(we tried to NOT travel weekends going to/from Alaska) and distance traveled per day is no longer 500 miles! (Alaska was more like 200/250) when we arrive (and we do) we stay until we are ready to leave (this means we have seen all we want to see), and we move on down the road. (Alaska again trained us)

No more 1, 2, or 3 week "vacations", we just have fun!

Bruce
Old 09-05-2004, 12:25 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

We've been in it for 5 years. We like the rallies and caravans, and are just starting another one now. They are expensive, but fun.
Why do you ask?

RAS

1998 CR-V
raspears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:12 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Been a mmember of WIT for over 20 years. Been a member of the State club and a local for the same period approximately. Those who said that all they get are discounts or literature miss the whole point of having any club. The people and the interaction with them are why the club keeps expanding. Any organization is as good as the people who get involved.

Our clubs in our state include retired and working, farmers, truckdrivers, office workers, business owners and whatever. If you are receptive and even mildly active you can learn and enjoy the interaction.

I also recommend the GNR - been there for about 24 years!
Old 09-06-2004, 04:15 AM   #32
Winnebago Watcher

Here is another couple that belong to WIT. Best part is the local chapter, Lone Star Travelers, we belong to. Meet about once a month, usually within 150 miles of Austin, and have a blast. Like any other organization, there are aspects of national WIT that don't appeal to all, but we stay with WIT, mostlybecause of local chapter.

mike@boxk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:21 PM   #33

Talked to our state WIT president this morning. There's a state rally just a couple of hundred miles south of us in late October. I think we'll take a drive and meet some of the folks.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:16 PM   #34
Winnebago Owner

I'm not much of a joiner and was reluctant to even try the local WIT chapter when we got an invite several years ago.

I can't begin to explain how happy I am that we did. We have met some very great friends and certainly had a good time. Our Chapter (Music City Winnies in Middle TN) is fairly active and gets together once a month. We now feel that all the members are now our "extended family" and look forward to seeing and hearing from them.

Anybody in the area that would like more information, let me know. We would be happy to have you with us.

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 12:02 PM   #35
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Clock Meister:
We now feel that all the members are now our "extended family" and look forward to seeing and hearing from them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Chris, Invite your friends to post here and you can hear from them more often.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:24 AM   #36

We finally got around to making our first WIT campout. Me met with the Gator Travellers in Bossier Parish, LA this past weekend, and had a great time.

However, I'm having second thoughts about joining! As someone once said, I'm not sure I want to belong to a group that would have me as a member! ;-)
Old 12-13-2004, 02:01 AM   #37
iRV2 Marketing

We would love to get some WIT Groups to come and post here. Since Winnebago Industries supports us we can certainly find a way to support WIT.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 05:10 AM   #38
Winnie-Wise

I'm the incoming President for 2005 of a local Winnebago camping club in Northeast Ohio known as the Emerald Necklace Winnies. We currently have about 40 members in our club, located from Cleveland all the way down to Mineral City, OH. We have monthly campouts in the Northern Ohio area from April thru November, and attend the State rallies (W.O.W.) as well as the GNR each year.
I personally welcome any Winnie or Itasca owner who is interested about a camping club in NE Ohio to contact me for more info (send a private message in this forum, or send to [email protected]).
Old 12-13-2004, 05:15 AM   #39
Winnebago Owner

We got the first year freebie membership and have only partially attented one local group meeting. We get an email newsletter from the local group. But a paragraph such as the following made me have second thoughts.

"We are sorry to be losing Bob and Carol, they have been such good friends and loyal members, but they bought a new coach and it is not a Winnebago -- they are no longer eligible for membership."

Ouch, a local club cannot even "allow" members who were former Winnie owners to continue membership. That kind of "purity" makes me squemish.

We also joined FMCA -- they are open to all Motorhome owners. I like that better.

Walt
Old 12-13-2004, 07:43 AM   #40
Winnebago Owner

We just joined in August of 2004. looking forward to our first GNR.

2000 Itasca 35U
N8XV is offline   Reply With Quote