Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2005, 08:00 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

It's been enjoyable reading the Winnnebago forums for the last few years. I think quite a few of us have come to know each other from our postings. I know recently, it feels like quite a few folks have purchased Journey's or Horizons, and I've enjoyed exchanging information with them. I think there's also a group with Adventurers and Braves that exchange knowledge quite frequently.

I'm wondering how many of us are attending the rally. I know I'd like to meet many of the folks that correspond here. I think it'd be great to sit around the campfire and exchange in person the information we like to trade here. It would be great to see first hand the modifications and improvements we've made on our rigs.

Want to see an Eternbond roof in person and learn how to do it? There will be one there. Want to see how to carry a spare tire under your Journey? It's gonig to be there. How about an inverter in a Adventurer...I bet there's gonna be one. I'm sure as a group, we can share quite a bit of information. The rally is going to be an information exchange as well as a gathering of folks with common interests.

How about a challange? How many Winnies can we get at the rally in Lancaster? Who's all going to attend.

I know I'll be there
Old 03-03-2005, 08:00 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

It's been enjoyable reading the Winnnebago forums for the last few years. I think quite a few of us have come to know each other from our postings. I know recently, it feels like quite a few folks have purchased Journey's or Horizons, and I've enjoyed exchanging information with them. I think there's also a group with Adventurers and Braves that exchange knowledge quite frequently.

I'm wondering how many of us are attending the rally. I know I'd like to meet many of the folks that correspond here. I think it'd be great to sit around the campfire and exchange in person the information we like to trade here. It would be great to see first hand the modifications and improvements we've made on our rigs.

Want to see an Eternbond roof in person and learn how to do it? There will be one there. Want to see how to carry a spare tire under your Journey? It's gonig to be there. How about an inverter in a Adventurer...I bet there's gonna be one. I'm sure as a group, we can share quite a bit of information. The rally is going to be an information exchange as well as a gathering of folks with common interests.

How about a challange? How many Winnies can we get at the rally in Lancaster? Who's all going to attend.

I know I'll be there
Old 03-03-2005, 08:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

As this summers GNR will be our first, I have a question or two. I understand it's electric hook up only. On the rally grounds is there water available if needed?? What about dumping holding tanks if needed?? Are there showers available or do you use your own?? The rally grounds is it dusty?? Any mud or water problems if it rains?? Just want to know if I need to bring my portable dump tank, containers to haul water if needed, boots if it rains?? Please clue me in on any other things you think we should know about before getting there. How many days before the rally date do you arrive?? How many days after the rally do you remain?? Looking forward to meeting many of you there. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Bill

2000 Itasca 35U
N8XV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:51 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Bill, there is water at the head (or foot) of each row. (Usually, everyone gets together and runs a length of hoses to everyones coach to fill the tank) There are two bath houses. A "honey wagon" service is available. Parking is on grass. If it rains a lot ic can become muddy. If you registered as a "first-timer" you will receive an info pack - be sure to read it. It should answer all of your questions.

I will be there - year #7, and will be parked in the MILWIT row. My coach will be flying "Old Glory" with an Arizona flag. Stop by, would like to meet everyone.
RedT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:53 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I should have clarified my post.....I was actually referring to the iRV2 rally. Hope to see lots of you there.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:36 PM   #6
iRV2 Marketing

I'll be there, and I have a few modifications to play show-n-tell with.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:30 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

http://www.irv2.com/rally.html
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 03:45 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I am not knocking the IRV rally. However, if you want to meet Winnebago product owners, where better than a Winnebago rally?

For the Bill and anyone else going to the GNR for the first time they should read their first timer's guide as previously stated. they will tell you of the transportation, tours, seminars, vendor displays and entertainment available. Red T. was very accurate. I could also point out that there are locations for connecting your laptop to landlines provided for checking and sending Email also.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:00 AM   #9
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dsouthw524:
I am not knocking the IRV rally. However, if you want to meet Winnebago product owners, where better than a Winnebago rally? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well that's true however we do do pretty well at our rallies. Winnies are very popular with iRV2 members.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:03 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Well Mike, Hopefully we can twist a few arms and talk some folks into coming to the rally otherwise you and I will have to talk Winnies.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:49 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I am looking forward to meeting in person my Winnebago friends. I see and learn almost daily from iRV2.We have attended the GRN three times.Last year with the iRV2 sticker on the rear of our toad,and was able to explain to others about our forum.
It was there that I learned about it in 03 while waiting in the service center.
See you at our first iRV2 National Rally.
Jake and Doris Foraker
Old 03-28-2005, 05:42 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

We've signed up for the rally too, and are looking forward to meeting our forum friends. I mentioned it this evening to a friend and forum member who lives nearby, and I'm hoping that he can join us too.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:01 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Glad to hear more folks are signing up.

Capt.Bill, I'm sure we'll have a chance to sit around and compare rigs.