Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2017, 09:17 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Winnebago RV Repair Club Partnership

Just got the WIT monthly online news letter. The main purpose this time is to introduce the partnership between Winnebago and the RV Repair Club. They want you to sign up for the "free" Repair Club news letter. Along with the news letter they're offering $15.00 worth of free repair video downloads. It sounds like the news letter itself is free, but there's a fee or charge for anything beyond that.

Is anyone here a member of the RV Repair Club? If so what types of services and videos are offered? It sounds interesting, but only if the repair videos they offer are specific to Winnebago products. Over the years I've done the majority of repairs and updates on our motorhomes. It hasn't been that difficult given all the online information from Winnebago.

On the other hand I've been given or bought a few RV repair books. By in large I've found them to be useless. They may cover some basic repairs common to all types of RV's, but when it comes to brand and model specifics they are sorely lacking. Any personal experiences with this organization would be helpful. I only want to sign up for their news letter if they are offering reasonably priced, videos, and information that I can use. I don't need more e mail that's essentially spam.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:35 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Got the same offer a year ago from FMCA and tried it. There are two tiers of videos... free and fee. First, all videos are generic as far as any brand of RV. Some are product specific (like how to replace the anode rod on a specific brand of water heater.) The free ones are short generic videos. The fee videos are longer, more in-depth. The quality is good, but I would say nothing is covered that goes beyond the light-intermediate level of technical how-to. If you are a beginner it's a good resource, but if you are looking for info on replacing/repairing a particular RV or component then I'm not sure its superior to what you'd find on YouTube or manufacturers web sites.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

You'll probably get a much better selection of how-to videos on YouTube and they are free.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I have found that most issues you will encounter in an RV have already been solved by the members of this Forum. No fees and lots of tweaked experience based advice enabling members here to solve almost any problem experienced. I couldn't justify for paying for advice when I can do better here with the great and diverse membership!
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I signed up for the news letter about 2 months ago but didn't pay for the subscription service. About every 2-3 days I get an email for a special "how to" fix it video or a special "product" they are trying to push. I generally review the video to see if it's something that I would like to know more about and pay for the subscription but so far there is nothing that has had much benefit to me. I will probably give it another month or two. If nothing of interest shows up I will remove myself from their mailer so the emails will stop.

As already posted. You can find just about everything you ever wanted to know about your RV right here or on Youtube.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago, repair