Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Value of WIT Grand National Rally

I would like some feedback on on the annual WIT Rally. I am a new Class C Winnie owner and live in Utah. Would the trip to Iowa this July be a benefit or regret? My wife needs to learn to drive the rig. Can she accomplish that at the rally?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Call the WIT office to see if they have openings for the driving school. Next check for openings for the factory tours. Go to the rally and take in some of the seminars, talk to a lot of people ask a lot of questions, relax and have some fun. Don't miss the row parties. If you have any problems that is the place to get answers. Jim
Old 04-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I am on my second Winnebago motorhome ... I have gone to a GNR after the purchase of each of them ... you will learn a lot from the seminars ... as well as meeting other owners of the same rig ... you will benefit from what they have learned that will most likely apply to your rig ...

There are some great things to see between Utah and Forest City ... in particular the Black Hills of South Dakota ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:37 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We've been to probably 6 times. We always enjoy the programs. This is also a good time to have any problem areas taken care of. If you go to customer service as soon as you get there, you can sign up for any needed repair work. They will schedule your coach to come over from the rally grounds - do the work and return it to you so you have a place to stay at night. You'll also get a chance to talk to the vendors that provide Winnebago with products. There are chassis people (and chassis) there that you can look at to figure out where things are...tv folks, heating/ac folks, etc. Also vendors you might find something to buy from. The entertainment is generally good. Bring leveling blocks - the grounds are an old golf course and not level in many areas.

By all means take some of the specialized factory tours. You get to see on the production floor how your coach is built. This will show you where the quality goes in by comparison with other manufacturers.
robbstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

We have been to GNR twice. We have also been to several other RV rallies. We would say that GNR is the best value of any rally we have attended. For sure it is the DW's favorite because of having electrical hookups!! The parking is good, seminars are great, vendors are great, entertainment is great, row fellowship is great, and I especially like being able to get factory tech working on problems I have not been able to get resolved elsewhere! As others indicated, there is a driving class, and there is also a driving "rodeo" where you can test your skills against other drivers at things like backing, stopping precisely, etc. I seriously doubt that you would regret going to GNR!!
Old 04-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the input...got signed up today
Old 04-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

This will be my third GNR. To me, the factory tech seminars are the greatest. There are always new experienced ideas to fix some of the same old problems. Having major vendors there is priceless for warranty repair or upgrade...state and organization fellowship is always a highlight...last year there was a first with an iRV2 gathering. Putting faces with an iRV2 screen name was fun....looks like a follow up this year for another iRV2 gathering..
Old 04-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We just signed up. I understand it is beneficial to get there a few days early, especially for first timers. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-07-2023, 08:15 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

love your summation of a farmer's life!
Retired FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 11:44 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBHIPRU2? View Post
We just signed up. I understand it is beneficial to get there a few days early, especially for first timers. Thanks for the input.

I like to get there early too - usually better parking a chance to get yourself oriented before the business of the rally begins. Once the rally starts, you'll find it hard to get to everything you'll want to see - it's a very busy week!
Scubadude62 is offline   Reply With Quote