Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-16-2006, 07:22 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The access panel in the closet enables you to disconnect the water hoses. You also access the winterization switches from this closet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think we are talking about a different "closet" ?? ...I have access to the water hose faucet connections and the winterization switches in the cabinet immediately above the Splendide. The access panel I'm talking about is on the end wall of the clothes closet beside the w/d closet.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:35 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Sorry -- I have the 40K vice the 40E. The Splendid should still come out in a similar manner and will be just as heavy!
Roadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:22 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

I found the eight screws that secure the exterior access vent panel. So as I was unscrewing, I recalled my VERY experienced aircraft Chief of Maintenance' Trouble Shooting Logic Tree:

Does It Work?
-No..................Go to Step B

-Yes.................Don't **** with it

I put the screws back in & had a Martini

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:38 PM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

Your Chief of Maintenance had data, information, knowledge and wisdom.

However, not sure how you pronounce ****. Is that German?
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Instead of using a leaf Blower, which I don't have, I was wondering what you folks would think about putting the card board on the door with duct tape as done above, but, then putting the air pressure from the air compressor to it and blowing a shot or two of compressed air out through the duct system!!!
might be a bit more pressure than a leaf blower but I think it might do the job!!!!
Remarks welcomed...just be kind!

Full Time 2003 Journey DL
CaptChet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Chet:
Instead of using a leaf Blower, which I don't have, I was wondering what you folks would think about putting the card board on the door with duct tape as done above, but, then putting the air pressure from the air compressor to it and blowing a shot or two of compressed air out through the duct system!!!
might be a bit more pressure than a leaf blower but I think it might do the job!!!!
Remarks welcomed...just be kind! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That will have a great deal to do with the amount of blockage in the vent duct and how well the vent ducting is attached to each end. Dryer vent flexible duct is not designed for pressure, but rather volume, and moisture resistance.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:45 AM   #27
paz
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ray,IN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Chet:
Remarks welcomed...just be kind! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That will have a great deal to do with the amount of blockage in the vent duct and how well the vent ducting is attached to each end. Dryer vent flexible duct is not designed for pressure, but rather volume, and moisture resistance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with Ray,IN - the hose isn't designed for pressure, or even the massive volume of a leaf blower. In addition to splitting the hose, the other thing that could happen trying to blow out lint is that the hose connection could separate from the bask of the washer if the clamp is not as tight as it should be.

If you notice clothes taking longer to dry, you might need to take action; but to paraphrase Thudman - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote